Hello I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a little experience with computers but i do not know all the parts that are involved. I just installed a new graphics card and when i opened the case to the computer i found two parts that were just lying around. The best way I can explain them are two very small round objects that have the writing *28 10 16v on the top of them. I'm writing this to find out if these two things that were connected to my motherboard are the cause of my game sims 3 not to run anymore. It brings up the blue screen of death now. It has a new video card that is more than able to run it and over a gig of ram. please help.

Are you having issues with anything else you try to run or play? Leave that wiring alone and if you have friends that have some computer knowledge let them look at it.

I have to go to bed but either I or someone else will take a look at your minidumps (created from Blue Screens) and see if we can find a cause.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

well

the mini dump folder wasnt there. The parts i mentioned earlier are no longer connected to the motherboard. what i was saying was that this game ran fine before with this stuff installed but now when i went to change the graphics card these two little pieces were just lying on the motherboard. they look like fuses in a sence. does anyone know the circuits of a mother board well enough to tell me something about these parts and if they are the cause.

Those "small round objects that have the writing *28 10 16v" are called capacitors. If these objects are hollow metal or plastic, they have blown off the motherboard, or another card in your computer. I would guess motherboard, in the area around the CPU. If this is the case, the motherboard will have to be replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back