Help a discouraged techy: PC won't POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabanknight

Ok I am at my wits end now... I have tried everything I know how to do and still nothing. Why do I always get the most unusual computer problems?

Ok have a computer here that has been unpluged sitting around for a good couple months because it needed a new HDD. Now when I plug it in and get it all hooked up I cant get it to POST or anything reallly fans spin hdd is moving but nothing on the monitor. Checked all the cables replaced the cables checked 3 graphics cards including the onboard. Removed every non essential piece of equipment from the board and notta....

I am really depressed because this is eerily similar to this situation here that I posted and still havent resolved https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic132443.html#post782385 where the mobo's wouldn't POST and displayed similar symtoms however this one never touched THAT HELL SPAWN OF A RAM STICK! So it leaves me with some hope that maybe it is another fix but somehow I doubt that I have 6 fried mother boards all with the same symtoms and this one is my mom's which I hope isn't out for good because she needs it for her work.

Ok I am at my wits end now... I have tried everything I know how to do and still nothing. Why do I always get the most unusual computer problems?

Ok have a computer here that has been unpluged sitting around for a good couple months because it needed a new HDD. Now when I plug it in and get it all hooked up I cant get it to POST or anything reallly fans spin hdd is moving but nothing on the monitor. Checked all the cables replaced the cables checked 3 graphics cards including the onboard. Removed every non essential piece of equipment from the board and notta....

I am really depressed because this is eerily similar to this situation here that I posted and still havent resolved https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic132443.html#post782385 where the mobo's wouldn't POST and displayed similar symtoms however this one never touched THAT HELL SPAWN OF A RAM STICK! So it leaves me with some hope that maybe it is another fix but somehow I doubt that I have 6 fried mother boards all with the same symtoms and this one is my mom's which I hope isn't out for good because she needs it for her work.
WTF are you talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back