Help a Noob with his Dell 4600C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,.....Just looking for a little help with upgrading what i have. I am not looking to buy new at the moment, just improve what exists.
I have a Dell Dimension 4600C with 1 gb of memory. I know that i can up that to 2 Gb. I also understand that i can upgrade my video card and it has to be a low profile but that is as far as i can get. Can anyone please help and suggest what will work with what i have.
I would also like to upgrade the sound card too so if someone would be so nice as to walk me through it in laymans terms it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Alrite let me first start off by asking whether or not you are willing to buy online. If you are then try "Newegg" or "Tigerdirect". Then ask yourself what is compatible with your computer. Do that by going to http://crucial.com/ and click "Scan My System". That will help you find out what kind of RAM you need. This is an example of a low end graphics card which will boost your preformance on low quality games, for example, WoW or CS:S. Ask for sound card, search newegg or tigerdirect for sound cards and choose which one you would like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back