Help after reformat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I've been trying to fix a problem with my pc all day and cant, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using an ACER Power F5, Windows XP Pro.

The original problem: Basically i couldn't log on.

I decided to format my C drive, i inserted the windows xp disc and booted my pc from the disk but i was getting the "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer" error.

So i downloaded my driver on to a floppy disk, and managed to the windows installation screen and tryed installing window again on my newly created C drive. The installation does complete (goes to 100%) but then comes up with "Setup cannot copy the file: m5287.sys" with the options retry, skip or quit.

anyone know how to fix this?

i've also attempted to boot with my backup disk, which gets to 27% and then comes up with "error 0xf000005" and after restarting the pc it tell me the file NTLDR is missing.

Any suggestions? thanks in advance.

Hi cw28,

Have you run any scans on your hard drive to see if there are any bad sectors?

You may be interested in Seatools

I personally prefer to use Seatools for Dos

Hello I've been trying to fix a problem with my pc all day and cant, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using an ACER Power F5, Windows XP Pro.

The original problem: Basically i couldn't log on.

I decided to format my C drive, i inserted the windows xp disc and booted my pc from the disk but i was getting the "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer" error.

So i downloaded my driver on to a floppy disk, and managed to the windows installation screen and tryed installing window again on my newly created C drive. The installation does complete (goes to 100%) but then comes up with "Setup cannot copy the file: m5287.sys" with the options retry, skip or quit.

anyone know how to fix this?

i've also attempted to boot with my backup disk, which gets to 27% and then comes up with "error 0xf000005" and after restarting the pc it tell me the file NTLDR is missing.

Any suggestions? thanks in advance.

Use skip to complete the OS install, once your OS is installed put your disk back and run a repair. NB MAKE SURE YOU USE THE SECOND "R" that will come up not the first

Use skip to complete the OS install, once your OS is installed put your disk back and run a repair. NB MAKE SURE YOU USE THE SECOND "R" that will come up not the first

Firstly, Thanks for your reply.

But i dont seem to get the option to repair.

I used skip on the driver file (m5287.sys) and all the other files copied successfully, the install finished and my computer restarted.

however when i boot from cd again, it goes straight to the partition screen, where i have my C drive [NSFT] and the only options i have are Enter to install ( which i have already done), D to delete partition or F3 to quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back