Help audio isn't working on my computer

Ranndom

i have no sound in my computer i think its because i downloaded somthing that deleted my multimedia audio controller idk

First of all, welcome to Techspot.
Maybe you should be a little more specific about your problem? What OS are you using, what did you download, and why do you think your download removed your driver?
Have you looked at the Device Manager? If your sound card is missing a driver, you should see a yellow exclamation mark in the device manager.

i dont know what an OS is but there is a yellow exclamation mark on multimedia audio controller and when i try to update it it says i need a cd but i dont have an cd

OK, that means you are missing a driver, just as you thought. Have you tried to search for a driver on Windows Update? To do this, rightclick on the entry with exclamation mark, select "Update driver software...", then select "search automatically for updated driver software".

Can you see a name on your audio device, or just "Multimedia audio controller"?

No ranndom and randolphsr are not the same user.
Sorry, it was just a little strange that the answer was almost what I asked, and the names are similar ;)

OS means Operating System, like Windows XP or Windows 7. There could be drivers available for download, if you could tell me what operating system you are using, and a little info on your computer (laptop or desktop, what brand and model number, if any) I can look it up for you.

oh well then i have windows xp and yes ive tried the windows update but still nothing and i can only see multimedia audio controller
ok well i download CPU-Z and this is what i got

[Manufacturer]-Dell Computer Corp.
[Model]-0G1548
[Chipset]-intel i845G [rev.]-A1
[Southbridge]-intel 82801DB(ICH4) [rev.]- 01
[LPCIO]-SMSC LPC47M10x

hoped that helped a little.

According to your service tag you have a Dell dimension 2400.
You can try to download a driver here. Install it, reboot and let me know if it works.

it didnt work when i tryed to install it said service pack 3 cd is required and i dont have any cds for service pack 3

ok so i downloaded service pack 3 from microsoft.com and now my audio is working thanks for the help:approve:

NO audio device on high definiton audio bus on WINDOWS XP

Location 65535 (Internal High Definition Audio Bus)

Audio Device on High Definiton Audio Bus ???

I even don't know my sound card model can you help me ? ive tryied everest but without drivers i can't see what's the model... before i just installing the SoundMax driv ers from CD and all was Okay but now it's says "my hardware not supporting" PLEASE PLEASE HElP I can't live without sound :D

I have windows xp / service pack 3

my speakers are Creative 5.1 and i really dont know what to do now :(

If UDI doesn't work then check the BIOS. Make sure that the on board audio is no disabled, which I doubt is the case, but give it a try.

go to computer\properties\Device manager\sound
check if your audio device is disable , and if it is enabled then try to reinstall the audio driver.
after that if nothing happen try to reset the bios .

Back