HELP! broke something off my mobo!

By geno2k3
Nov 11, 2007
  1. Nodsu

    Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

    It's a capacitor, used for smoothing supply voltages. If they are through-mount (the pins go right through the motherboard), then any electronics guy can replace it or solder the old one back.

    Your mobo could keep on working without any issues too. Perhaps you are not using the component whose power supply the cap was taking care of or maybe the power is smooth enough and doesn't need the filter.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.