HELP! BSOD Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope someone can help cos my computer is almost unuseable!

I've built a computer at christmas and everythings been fblemine with it until the last couple of weeks when i've started getting BSOD's.

I will be using the computer and it will suddenly drop into the BSOD giiving me this error code and not much more info!

0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x805CCCE4, 0xF88F2838, 0xF88F2534)

When I reboot the system hangs at the BIOS splash screen and I cannot even get into the BIOS. After about 20 minutes the system will start normally but the same will happen sometime soon randomly no matter what programs I am using.

I've tried swapping the memory from 2x512mb chips to 2x256mb chips and the problem still continues.........

I have a feeling it could be overheating because its a shuttle system, although on the occasion it boots straight after it hangs the temperatures are fine.

Please someone help cos i'm losing my mind!!!

My system is an Shuttle SN25P, Athlon 64 3500, 2x512mb Kingston ValueRAM, 80gb WD Caviar, 36gb WD Raptor, XFX 6800GS

THANKS

Attach the latest minidumps here

Hi,

Zip 5 to 6 minidumps to a zip file and attach it here. Techspot has an upper limit of 100K per attachment. I will study the dump and find out the culprit. You can find the minidumps at the folder \windows\minidump.

Only Two!

Hi mate, I've been into my minidump folder and there seems to be only 2 that are created in the dates that i've been having these problems (although I've been getting the BSOD's dozens of times now... Ive zipped them and attached them so you can have a look....

Just to add to the message I left last time, the computer freezes on occasions (its done it twice while I've been trying to write this message) first windows will stop responding to the mouse clicks and then a couple of seconds later the mouse pointer will stop moving... No BSOD or option to send it to microsoft when I boot back in.....

on the two occasions it has just done it, the first time it let me boot in straight away and the second time it froze at the bios splash screen - when I tried pressing del to enter setup..... 'entering setup' came up at the bottom of the screen but nothing happened.....

I hope these help! Thanks a lot!

ps if you need more dumps I'll have to keep an eye out and see if the system gives me any more....

Hi,

Your minidumps are inaccessible which is the sign of faulty ram. Run memtest to stress test the ram.

dont think so.....

I thought it may be the RAM myself so I swapped the 2x512mb chips in there for 2x256 chips that I had in previously, I've had it that way for over a week but its still doing the same thing.... I'm away from home with the laptop until Friday so I cannot do a memcheck before then but is there anything else you think it could be? I think that the fact that the computer wont go past or even let me go into the bios just after it happens may be a clue..... if I press 'del' at the splash screen it says entering setup but doesn't actually go into the bios.........

Cheers for the help by the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back