TechSpot

Help Buying Pci Express Card

By ronobono
Sep 1, 2009
  1. Hello..Im looking to buy a Pci Express card for gaming.Im looking for something in the range of $100-$150..Im sure i cant get nothing that is great for this price but i need to know what are the best cards around this price range? I prefer Nvidia but if a ATI card will give me more preformance then i would get it. As long as i can play some newer games on medium settings or so i would be happy..Thanks

2. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,288   +7

3. ronobono

ronobono TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 81

Looks nice..Specs are Pentium duel core 2.2 ghz..3 GB DDR2 ram..Not sure of the PSU yet cause im getting this new comp this thursday.

4. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,906   +90

I will second Ritwiks recommendation, the odds are you will need a new power supply to go with this card though.

5. deazy86

deazy86 TS Rookie Posts: 42

You can go with the one ritwik suggested or you can also check EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX at newegg.com its for 159.99. Good luck!

6. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

@ $145 the 4870 is a much better buy... plus you get 1GB of GDDR5 memory :)

7. klepto12

klepto12 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,364   +9

deazy86 the 9800 gtx isnt even in the same league of performance as the 4870 next time you try to help someone dont recommend an out of date card that cost more than a top end new card lol

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.