Help, can't copy disc to disc with Nero (DVD-R)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week I bought a Sony 16X dual layer DVD-R which I installed next to my regular DVD reader. The new DVD writer will write CD's and DVD's straight from the hard drive perfectly but it won't write from disc to disc. I've tried fast copy on and off and both don't work. I've tried wiring the drives up in different ways with the same result every time.
I insert my "already copied" DVD into the reading drive and then a blank DVD into the writer, Nero starts, I click "disc to disc" and then burn. Before the disc even starts to right I get an error message that says "cannot copy this disc to a DVD". I've tried different discs with the same result. The discs I am trying to copy are copys them selves and not retail discs.
Anyone got any idea as to how to fix this?
Cheers

You have to be careful, I'm not sure what discs you are copying, but not all times do the programs that are used to copy remove the encryption or protection. It very well could have transferred it to the copy as well.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

I really don't think its the write protection - these are previously copied discs and I've tried 5 different titles. What would cause this message to appear?
Please help!

I've discovered that this is a bug introduced in Nero 6.6.0.3.

I downgraded to 6.6.0.1 and I could copy discs again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back