Help choosing a motherboard for i7-3770k

oscar1987

I have a GTX 670 in the box, I have a I7 - 3770k processor on its way via UPS. next I need a motherboard, I understand the GTX is pci express 3.0, any suggestions on motherboards budget ~$200? thx in advance

I've renamed the thread to something more suitable, as that will help with responses.

It would be helpful to know what features you desire as well. Do you need a minimum number of SATA ports, a certain number of PCI-E lanes? The motherboard you choose for your budget depends on several factors, its not just a case of getting the one closest to your budget.

thx, for the help there...
I want to have the opportunity to expand to 2 GTX 670 in the future, and the ability to have 16 gigs of ram.
ive also bought the following items so far

Case – Corsair Graphite Series 600T Special Edition White
Boot Drive – Corsair Force Series 3 120GB SSD
Storage – Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB HDD

As Lee said, a good description of the intended usage will be very helpful.
As far as a performance/buck ratio is concerned, nothing I've seen beat Asrock so far. You might want to check out the P-series and Z-series (a.k.a. Extreme series).I personally recommend the Asrock Z77 Extreme6.
Asrock is a sub-brand of ASUS, I've heard, so you might want to also take a look at it's ASUS equivalent for feature variations.
Sabertooth maybe?

Also, check out our Z77 motherboard shoot-out as well: https://www.techspot.com/review/521-intel-z77-motherboard-roundup/

Both the Asrock Z77 Extreme 6, or the Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H and Z77X-UD5H-WB (if you want wireless and bluetooth as well, otherwise identical to UD5H) are ideal for your requirements, and under or around your budget.

Me personally, I'd go with the Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, its a fantastic motherboard.

Back