Help! Computer Crazy Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, My Computer is a NEC versa M400 model ,1g ram, 2.4ghz processor, intel Graphics card running on WinXP Pro Sp3. It has been Randomly shutting down when i play games or run lots of applications. It isnt an overheating problem because i already cleaned out my Fan with a cottonbud etc. and it still shuts off.
I dont think it is a virus/spyware problem because i have a Norton 360 and i run So many scans after it shuts off. Its has done this before and sometimes i can play games and run apps for Hours and Hours and sometimes i can only Play games / run apps for 20mins before it shuts off. Plz Help!

Norton 360 is perhaps not the best choice to look for infestations. You might temporarily remove Norton, and instead try Avira Antivirus or Avast... then for spyware, try SpySweeper, SuperAntiSpyware free version, AND (not or) MalWareBytes.
I suspect your thinking that it is not an overheating problem is flawed unless you know the temperatures... cleaning out your fan with a Que Tip is not necessarily going to improve cooling... You simply may not have enough power supply horse power to play games.

there is no spyware or infections or whatever, i just wiped my computer and installed WinXp pro sp3 because of this random crash and it was working great for like 5-6 days but now it is crashing again. Its is a laptop not a desktop so it doesnt neccessarily need a Good power supply. Ive only been playing games mainly and the games i play can run on a 256mb 1ghz random computer.

Au, contraire... I suspect that the source of most of your problems is that you are using 256 MB... are you really doing that? You need 2 GB for games.

Im using 1gb Ram. ive been using this computer for years and it has never done this since this year. Since ive wiped my computer it has still crashed many times so i suspect it is a hardware problem but im not 100% sure.

The older the computer, the greater the changes in performance, and the greater the failures...
After three years, the CPU fan goes, the optical drives are long gone, the hard drive is on its last legs, and dust, dirt, hair, and fibers have done their damage to every air port.
In addition, Microsoft has been downloading stuff for a long time that slowly puts a greater burden on memory. It does need a new power supply after three to five years, or before, and cooling suffers from worn out fan motors and bearings.
You may just need a tune-up like a 90,000 mile change of spark plugs, oil change, and a new water pump is required in a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back