Help diagnosing PC issue (after numerous reinstalls, rebuild, etc)

Hi all,

I'm hoping you might be able to guide me in diagnosing what the problem is with my editing workstation. Specs:
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GHz 57 °C
RAM
24.0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. X58A-UD7 (Socket 1366) 42 °C
Graphics
1023MB GeForce GTX 460 (EVGA) 47 °C
Hard Drives
419GB Western Digital WDC WD4500HLHX-01JJPV0 (SATA) 41 °C
1863GB Seamus (SATA)
1397GB Western Digital WDC WD15 EARS-00Z5B1 SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 36 °C
Optical Drives
PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-115D ATA Device
(have attached rest of Speccy TXT file)

I've had a range of problems from random BSOD, to general instability/slow downs, to very slow internet, to HDMI output of video card not working (OCCT tests said 'occt core 1 over maximum value'). I have formatted and reinstalled Windows twice, tested (no problems) and even reseated ram - which seemed to work for a time. When problems started again I bit the bullet and paid someone to check it, rebuild, update BIOS and reinstall Windows which AGAIN seemed to fix the problems for a time (this was doubtless a waste of time and money).

It's caused so much grief that I'd move on and buy an entirely new machine - but I'm too stubborn!
I want to get to the bottom of the hardware issue, which is hopefully a component that needs to be upgraded anyway, and can get on with my life!

So I'm hoping people can give me guidance to run tests and diagnose exactly what the hell is broken in this box!

Thanks in advance,

Morgan

Attachments

• Speccy_Tower.txt
    150.2 KB · Views: 1
Back