HELP!!! Dumping of Physical Memory Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, can anyone explain to me what I need to do with this error? Here's the story... I had Sims 2 installed on my computer (HP laptop running Windows XP) and it was all fine, then I tried to install the expansion packs for it just recently and they would install for a little bit, then this blue screen would come up and my computer would restart. When Windows loaded, there would be that "Send error report to Microsoft" thing. I didn't know what the problem was so I just kept trying to install. Finally one of the expansion packs installed but when I tried to run it my computer said that Sims 2 wasn't installed properly. So I uninstalled Sims 2 and now I can't install any Sims product on my computer. The blue screen keeps coming up and restarting my computer during installation. I defraged my computer but the error still comes up. Here's the error message:
"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
blah blah blah
Technical Information
STOP 0x000000D1 (0xe48a6924, 0x000000FF, 0x00000000, 0x84d98755)
something about dumping of physical memory"
So does anyone know what I can do? The error only happens when trying to install The Sims, the computer runs perfect for everything else.
Thanks for any help!!

It is a DX9 overlay issue with your video card. Get the latest OS patches from MS, get the right driver for your vid card, and fix DX9 (reinstall).

I don't remember installing this DX9? But I did a search for it on the pc and there are a couple of files that start with dx9 that are attached to another game? Is this it?
How can I update my drivers? and get this OS patch?
I've run a couple of error testing programs and they found no errors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back