Help figure out 3d game crash problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
symptoms: Whenever i play certain games that require heavy load in graphic, after about 15-60 min the screen would go blank, either grey, black or orangish, the sound would continue for 1-2 sec and goes into a machine gun like sound loop. The computer would lock up and i would have to restart. When i restart my monitor would get no signal and would have to leave the computer off for 10-15 min before turning it back on for my monitor to display.

My computer runs fine for months without turning it off when i play games like starcraft 2 beta, heroes of newerth, silkroad online (5 different clients which brings my ram up to 70-85% running and runs for a week straight) i also did a memtest86 and have some mem error i dont know if it is the cause of the crash since i run other things and it runs fine.

Only when i play heavy graphic games like ghost busters and alien vs predator that the error occurs and i also set all the graphic on low and resolution is 1600x900 (my desktop resolution is 1680x1050)

I have looked around the web and found many issues related to my symptoms. Im wondering if it can be a overheating issue, voltage issue, ram issue, bios issue or nvidia driver issue, or my monitor (im using a samsung monitor and i found that some samsung monitor has problems with the DVI causing no signal).

Specs:
Mobo: MSI K9N SLI V2
CPU: AMD Phenom quad-core
GPU: XFX 8800 GT alpha dog edition (driver 196.21)
8G ram
PSU: Antec truepower new 750w

I had an MSI K9N Platinum and it would never run right with more than 2 gigs of RAM. Try running with 4 gigs. Some motherboards can get really touchy with all DIMM slots populated. Also make sure that your RAM timings are set right in the BIOS.

I already confirmed RMA for my 4 patriot ram sticks since they are lifetime warranty. Waiting for my new sticks to come back.

my bios was running them 5-5-5-something fergot
the ram stick says 4-4-4-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back