TechSpot

Help find my webcam driver for crypto webcam

By boy008
Feb 17, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. i have a crypto webcam..i dont know what is the model cause this is just given by a friend..i search for all the available drivers of crypto cme2 but nothing works...hope someone can give me my driver or help me find it out..also i can't find the website of crypto..here is my hardware id's.: VID_08C8&PID_301B&REV_0100 and VID_08C8&PID_301B....
  2. Mark56

Mark56 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,271

Windows should have generic drivers for this device. Have you tried connecting it and then rebooting to see if windows will recognise the device.
  3. boy008

boy008 TS Rookie Topic Starter

yes..but when the found new hardware window is coming up..it only says pc camera..
  4. Mark56

Mark56 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,271

Well, I have had no luck finding any information on this device, or the manufacturers site. Windows recognises it as a camera so that is probably what it is, but would need software to operate correctly and be used as a web cam.

This was perhaps a product only produced in small numbers and has since become obsolete and no longer supported by the manufacturer. As webcams are fairly cheap to purchase I think your best bet would be to buy a new one.
  5. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,372   +167

I agree. Buying a new cam may be turn out best (if not the only) resolution but also please follow the instructions HERE (since you double posted ;) )as
    1. I want to confirm the ID you report and
    2. I want to see the Windows Problem Device Report per instructions in that post

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.