Help finding cause of BSOD

Hello,

This morning I was greeted with a BSOD everytime I started the computer just after windows began to boot. With reluctance I ran the Windows start up repair and reverted to a system restore point. The computer now appears to run. My query is what the cause of the BSOD could be (details to follow). I have been having problems with my graphics card and am considering replacing it. If it is the cause of the problems I will go ahead with an upgrade.

In the past few months when changing between fullscreen programs and the desktop occasionally the screen would constantly flicker and the colours would flip out. This could be fixed with a restart. Last night whilst playing DayZ I noticed the colours ingame would occasionally be all wrong and appear as if it were a photo negative for a few seconds. I would assume this would suggest a graphics card problem. I will add I keep my gfx drivers up to date.

The BSOD displayed was;

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF880069345C6, 0xFFFFF880009A8B78, 0xFFFFF880009A83D0)

Minidump attached.

On a side note should I wish to upgrade I was wondering will my power supply suffice. The Wattage is fine just wondering what else to look out for. I have a Corsair TX 750 purchased 3 years ago. A V2 (I assume version 2) of that model has been released and is available now.

Any help is appreciated,

Regards,

Pinnacle.

Attachments

• PinnacleMinidump.zip
    17.2 KB · Views: 5
Your mini dump is pointing towards your antivirus program. Avast. If it continues . You should disable the Auto sandbox feature. Hope this helps. As far as the graphics card it could be on its way out.

There is a program called Blue Screen View that will show you the problem. If able it will tell you the exact sys file or exe. That caused your mini dump.

Back