Help for a Belkin USB Wi-Fi device

learninmypc

A friend got a Belkin USB wi fi as shown but hers has a 60 + inch USBcord. F5d8053.jpg
But discarded ALL info that came with it.
I tried installing it on my pc & even went to the Belkin website but no luck.
I went into the Device Manager & tried to install the drivers but still no luck.
On the other side not shown in the above picture,it has a MAC ID & other numbers.
I did take it out of the stand & plugged it in but still nothing.
We both have XP Pro pc's. Try to give easy direction , thank you. :)

Well, I cannot see the microscopic print on the USB wi-fi. I've tried magnifying the label but its too blurry. Any other sgggestions??

You should be able to get answers as to how to connect this router at this website http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/product/detail/p/210

This website provides tutorials on how to connect this specific Belkin model.
Good Luck!
BillAllen55, are you telling me the picture posted is a router? I realize its a bit blurry, but the part with the white sticker CAN be easily removed from the rest of it. I have tried UNinstalling/rebooting the driver,but still no luck.
USB wi fi.jpg

Going to the Belkin website, http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/product/detail/p/210
you will find a router with the same appearance as the router you show in your picture. Belkin has only one router in their offerings which look like this router. Yes the picture you have uploaded to this conversation 'is' a router. Go to the listed website and find the router that looks like the one you have in this picture. Download the driver for that router. That should resolve your problem. Please let me know how things go.

Going to the Belkin website, http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/product/detail/p/210
you will find a router with the same appearance as the router you show in your picture. Belkin has only one router in their offerings which look like this router. Yes the picture you have uploaded to this conversation 'is' a router. Go to the listed website and find the router that looks like the one you have in this picture. Download the driver for that router. That should resolve your problem. Please let me know how things go.
Ok, but since I can't see the numbers on the USB, how is going to that website going to help?
Should I post a picture of the label?:confused:

Find on this page full explanation of what it takes to find and install drivers for Belkin routers.
Let me know how things go. http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6939
My apologies sir, but I'll repeat what I've said. I CANNOT read the print on the USB label. I've used magnifying glasses & still CANNOT READ the microscopic print which IS needed.
This is what they show at that link
router_label.gif

HIGHLY magnified. If I could read the label on the one I have,I might be here asking.:)

Your wireless router should have the model number based only on the picture that was sent.
[FONT=Times New Roman]Belkin F5D8233UK4 N Wireless Cable Router + F5D8053UK Wireless Network USB Adapter / Bundle [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/-/661/86...8_1346255922_b406b70afdb76c79afcab6be9b6257ee[/FONT] The listed numbers are the model number to the wireless router. Resulting in you have the specific model number required.
[FONT=Times New Roman]I've gone back through our conversation posts and noticed that you have not discussed plugging the router into your machine and going to the windows update [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]site and giving that a go. (allowing windows update to automatically find the correct driver) Is there some reason why we have not allowed Windows to attempt to provide a automatic driver update? :D [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]

Your wireless router should have the model number based only on the picture that was sent.
[FONT=Times New Roman]Belkin F5D8233UK4 N Wireless Cable Router + F5D8053UK Wireless Network USB Adapter / Bundle [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/-/661/868/-/4516762/862556685/Belkin-F5D8233UK4-N-Wireless-Cable-Router-F5D8053UK-Wireless-Network-USB-Adapter-Bundle/ListingDetails.html?searchtype=genre&source=9593&_$ja=tsid:11853|prd:47868&awc=1418_1346255922_b406b70afdb76c79afcab6be9b6257ee[/FONT] The listed numbers are the model number to the wireless router. Resulting in you have the specific model number required.
[FONT=Times New Roman]I've gone back through our conversation posts and noticed that you have not discussed plugging the router into your machine and going to the windows update [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]site and giving that a go. (allowing windows update to automatically find the correct driver) Is there some reason why we have not allowed Windows to attempt to provide a automatic driver update? :D [/FONT]
Sir, I seriously think you NEED to reread the first post https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-for-a-belkin-usb-wi-fi.184706/ & this ENTIRE thread. YES, I have tried Windows Update & the picture I attached is FROM the BELKIN website, NOT a picture of MY USB. Thank you.

This is a support page from the previously mentioned help site. http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7373 This gives you specific direction how to go about setting up the wireless router. If I were going about this project I would ensure in my mind there is nothing listed in Device manager for any type of drivers being setup for the wireless router. IF a router driver is listed I would delete this router, restart your OS prior to following the directions given on this website. I would then follow these directions ensuring to not skip any steps. Just as a friendly FYI: sarcasm/rudeness and multiple words written in CAPS are thought of as being highly disrespectful.
Let me know how this goes.

This is a support page from the previously mentioned help site. http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7373 This gives you specific direction how to go about setting up the wireless router. If I were going about this project I would ensure in my mind there is nothing listed in Device manager for any type of drivers being setup for the wireless router. IF a router driver is listed I would delete this router, restart your OS prior to following the directions given on this website. I would then follow these directions ensuring to not skip any steps. Just as a friendly FYI: sarcasm/rudeness and multiple words written in CAPS are thought of as being highly disrespectful.
Let me know how this goes.
I've already done as you stated & I'm quite familiar with using CAPS in a forum but when a helper doesn't read every post & tells me to do something I've said I've done,I get irrated.
In post # 9, the picture I posted is not from my USB wi fi, it is the picture posted on the belkin website.
As I said in post #1, I did go into the Device Manager & tried installing the drivers & even UNinstalled them & rebooted.
I've done everything I know of including what you've mentioned.
Since this is not a mandatory necessity, I'm giving up unless somebody else here has some ideas. Have a great day & thanks for your input.
If you can read the print on the picture attached,fine.CLOSE UP.jpg

I would suggest you still go through the steps outlined in the aforementioned website without missing a single step. Just out of curiosity what is the model of the modem you are using to connect from the PC to the router? I appreciate how frustrating these types of issues can be. Good luck friend.

I would suggest you still go through the steps outlined in the aforementioned website without missing a single step. Just out of curiosity what is the model of the modem you are using to connect from the PC to the router? I appreciate how frustrating these types of issues can be. Good luck friend.
You just don't get it do you? If I could read the model number, I wouldn't be asking for help.
I've gone thru that website & other links you've posted but without being able to read the numbers, I'm out of luck.
Not being rude, but are you able to read & understand what I'm saying?

Your last question was one I was about to ask you. LOL. READ my posts hopefully you will get it. you DON'T need model numbers if you will simply FOLLOW the specific directions to install the router. The model number has NOTHING to do with you installing the router. last try, I'm done. later dude.

As I have repeatedly said, I have done "everything" & that includes going to WU, but still no luck. I've gone thru "all" the links & nothing. Oh well.

Hello Doctor John, I've done as you suggested , rebooted & this is what I get & no matter the selection, I still can't save changes. BELKIN.JPG

Just a thought! have you tried just installing the driver only. Not the software. Then using windows xp wireless Zero Config. On the main page for this product under Tutorails the 3rd line down( Installing only the driver for the network adapter). This may work.

Just a thought! have you tried just installing the driver only. Not the software. Then using windows xp wireless Zero Config. On the main page for this product under Tutorails the 3rd line down( Installing only the driver for the network adapter). This may work.
I think I should re try it. I ignorantly had the USB plugged in while I was downloading/installing it & then it asked me to plug the device in. I then unplugged it,waited a few seconds & put it back in so yes,I think I goofed.:confused:

Well, I uninstalled it via revo then reinstalled it & still no joy.
Is there a possibility I just might be too far away from the main router for the Belkin? Although that don't make much sense since my own usb device works on my pc. Its very confusing.

Yeah, sounds like an idea - sorry my "fix" didn't crack it.

Back