Help getting rid of a virus I can't find

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some kind of virus that turns my firewall off when I start my computer. It also redirects me to other websites when I click on google links. The only way to get around it is to manually enter the website in. Also, today my windows media player stopped working and I can't access the C-drive from My Computer. It comes up with this error:Windows cannot find "RECYCLER\S-6-9-36-100011916-100030600-100017603-6193.com'

The hijackthis report is attached. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

Ok, I tried to do the 8 step process. I did everything but I can't download the Malwarebytes' Antimalware or the SuperAntiSpyware. The malware download link seems to go to a bad site and when I run the setup for the anti spyware, it says it has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I ran HJT again and here is my new log...

Have you scanned your computer? Try malwarebytes to scan and clean which is one of the 8 steps.

Something is blocking the Malwarebytes' website so I couldn't download it. I was able to download the setup file onto another computer and then put it on mine with a flash drive. I installed it, but now it won't run. Any ideas?

Thanks

Go to C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and rename mbam.exe to mb.exe (or anything you want). You may not see the exe part in which case just simply rename it. Once you rename it just double click it and run it directly.. Once your system is clean (cleaner) you can rename it back or change the shortcut on your desktop to match the name of the executable

Ok, I was able to get both Malwarebytes and Superantivirus to run. Here all three logs...

Do you see anything, I was able to get rid of the virus that was sending me to ad websites on Google and my firewall isn't being turned off anymore. Now I can't access the C-drive from My Computer ans I discussed earlier and when I open my search menu only the dog shows up, there are no text fields visible.

Attachments

• mbam-log-2009-04-09 (22-31-46).txt
    3 KB · Views: 7
First do the below...

Go here and download to Desktop: http://www.adrive.com/public/97c4357781f45c7e443061094b8cfaff3836f57446eb242ab2ee0b6cd68a0107.html

Double click Fixer.exe to run it. This will extract a Fixer folder to the desktop.

Now before running boot to Safe Mode Networking.

Then Dbl Clk to enter the Fixer Folder .

To run it 1st double click Daft, then click scan and check any found items and click fix and then exit.

Next dbl click Fixit.cmd to run it.

When it completes run MBAM again but this time click to continue and remove the found items. You log shows "No Action Taken".

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back