Help - google keeps redirecting me to a different website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I click on a search result on google, it redirects me to an advertising page, or a different website. I was wondering what is going on here, and how I can fix this.

Example: I type in Drupal modules
I see the correct link, I click it but rather it taking me to Drupal modules it takes me to a different link. Any ideas? Thank you.

Hi Menelas!

Have you tried doing this on other browsers?
Also, not likely but something to try is to delete temporary files and cookies.
Have you attempted running any anti-malware programs such as "Malewarebytes Anti-malwware"

Hope that helps.

menelas... is this the only issue you are experiencing?... if so, this is a Browser Hijacker, and if you have Spybot installed, make sure:

1] You are in Advanced MODE: Click MODE in toolbar and switch to Advanced

2] TOOLS switches are ON: Click on TOOLS button down on the left/near bottom, then [check *all 14 boxes*] on right side, as "8" are OFF by default.

3] Update/Immunize after update (if switches weren't on, it will need to d/l "definitions for those boxes checked").

4] RUN (Check For Problems): Anything showing up in RED will be removed when "Fix Selected Problems" is clicked after scan.

5] After the *clean*, run CCleaner to "remove any leftover junk" (GUTMANN 35-Pass is most thorough), followed by it's Registry Fixer to "fix issues" caused by the hijacker(s).

Note: You can *set* your CCleaner's PASS by:
1] Clicking on *Options* (4th tab down)
2] Clicking *Settings* tab (tab #1, 2nd window)
3] On "Secure Deletion", click the *Secure File Deletion (slower)* and choose "Gutmann (35 passes)".
~You're now ready to "Cleaner".

That should clear-up the browser's re-direct/hijacker issue :).

Confused

I am very confused here. I used Spybot, and it found errors, which got fixed.
But the same problem is appearing. My computer is a little bit slow, and that's the only problems I am having.

menelas... is this the only issue you are experiencing?... if so, this is a Browser Hijacker, and if you have Spybot installed, make sure:

1] You are in Advanced MODE: Click MODE in toolbar and switch to Advanced

2] TOOLS switches are ON: Click on TOOLS button down on the left/near bottom, then [check *all 14 boxes*] on right side, as "8" are OFF by default.

3] Update/Immunize after update (if switches weren't on, it will need to d/l "definitions for those boxes checked").

4] RUN (Check For Problems): Anything showing up in RED will be removed when "Fix Selected Problems" is clicked after scan.

5] After the *clean*, run CCleaner to "remove any leftover junk" (GUTMANN 35-Pass is most thorough), followed by it's Registry Fixer to "fix issues" caused by the hijacker(s).

Note: You can *set* your CCleaner's PASS by:
1] Clicking on *Options* (4th tab down)
2] Clicking *Settings* tab (tab #1, 2nd window)
3] On "Secure Deletion", click the *Secure File Deletion (slower)* and choose "Gutmann (35 passes)".
~You're now ready to "Cleaner".

That should clear-up the browser's re-direct/hijacker issue :).

menelas, we're short of trained malware helpers here. In the meantime, I suggest you give this site a try:
Virus and Malware Removal:

Most sites have Preliminary Removal Instructions. Please follow those and post the logs.

You might want to hold off on the extra work from Spybot search & Destroy and follow the programs recommended. Giving directions with no information is not recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back