Help-Hp Computer / Black Screen at start-up

By crewblu
Jan 5, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I have a HP computer with XP and every time I leave and shut it down for several days I cannot boot back up. I was gone for 3 1/2 days. I shut the computer down during my leave. I came back and started it back up and it was fine for about 1 hour and then went to black screen every since. I have had this happen in the past and did all - the unplug keyboard/ mouse etc and got it started but no sound. This time I tried everything but all I get is the fan starts up the little on/off light blinks, it goes into window XP start up and then after about a minute of this it turns to black screen before my desk top shows and the on/off light stops blinking. It will not start up in safe mode; I cannot perform Alt.- Ctrl- Delete.

Thanks in advance
    Crewblu
  2. Computerpete

Computerpete Newcomer, in training Posts: 151

Have you tried taking the battery out and try using the AC power if it does work it could be battery.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.