Help: I Deleted The Audio Off Of My Cpu And Cant Hear Anything Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah i know that was stupid of me, i was going thru my add/remove programs and thought it was somethingi had downloaded from the net but boy was i wrong. I do not know any of the model types or anything like that but if told where to look im sure i can find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Do you have a driver cd that came with the computer? You probably only deleted the software that controls the sound, not the drivers. You just need to reinstall the program from the Drivers or install cd. You can look in Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager click the + sign next to Sound, Video and Game Controllers and your sound card will be listed. If not restart the computer and let the computer find the sound card and hopefully the drivers.

thank you for replying to my problem. Ive gone to the device manager now and clicked on the sound video and game controllers and the sub files are
-audio codecs
-Legacy audio Drivers
-Legacy audio drivers
-legacy audio drivers
-legacy video capture devices
-media control devices
-sound blaster 16 or AWE32 or compatible (WDM)
-video codecs

im pretty sure the sound blaster is there when i was trying to reinstall the audio myself.

this is the error i get when trying to play a song in windows media player

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly."

i just found the file i deleted it was further down the list in the device manager it is --- microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio. it has a yellow exclamation mark on the monitor icon.

Restart and hopefully Windows can reinstall the sound card but ou still might need the install cd or at least SoundBlaster drivers downloaded from the internet.

You could also try right clicking UAA and sound card and update drivers, then click search the internet, this may find the driver.

thanks for the help, but so far nothing has worked. I went to update drivers and it searched for awhile then said i found nothing. I do not have a cd that i could use. Ive restarted my computer a few times since this happened and it has never done anything on reboot. Im so hooped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back