Help, infected pc

By Gypsyqueen
Oct 2, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my pc is infected and although I always run antivirus software its there and I can't get rid of it. It is even making it difficult to post this because it ceases my typing. I am attaching hijackthis log.Thanks, Morgan
  2. tw0rld

tw0rld TechSpot Maniac Posts: 609   +6

3. Gypsyqueen

Gypsyqueen Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Ok, I disabled, ran scan, ran cleaner several times then did malwarebytes scan but I could not install superantispy do to a drive error within the software.Java Runtime Environment is current and then I did hijackthis. Seems to be running better. Both logs from malwarebytes and hijackthis are attached. Tell me if it looks clean now. Thanks, Morgan
  4. Kazi

Kazi Newcomer, in training Posts: 112

Your SYStem should not be running better. run malwarebyte again and when it finishes, YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THEM. Logs show malwarebyte did no action at all. i'll read your hijackthislog after you removed them from malwarebyte.
    After scan is done press ok and show results. Make sure EVERYTHING is checked
    reboot
  5. Gypsyqueen

That is odd because all were selected and removed but I shall run it again. Thanks!
  6. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

in Malwarebytes log

Please do as Kazi stated.

Also I thought I'd reply to say update Malwarebytes first
  7. Gypsyqueen

I updated before I ran the scan and I saw that it said no action taken. However, I followed the instructions on the page that I was given, made sure all were selected and then hit the remove button. It has just finished second scan and here is the log which says that it is clean. Could it be a glitch? Thanks
  8. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Brief look at HJT log

Please do the following:

Here is the update to SansaDispatch.exe
    http://www.anythingbutipod.com/images/forum/dfkt/sansa_clip/firmware/Clip01.01.29a.zip
    Please update your device
    Then tick and remove the SansaDispatch HJT log entry
    You have SpywareGuard running as wel, with this entry:
    You may want to tick and fix the entry, then restart and then uninstall SpywareGuard (unless you want it running on every startup)

You have AOL Host Gaurd running (on every startup)
    If you do not use AOL, please tick and fix both entries in HJT

Same applies for Mediafour
    Read here: http://www.techspot.com/startup/6220/
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.