Help Installing PCI card

By xarchsagex
Jul 1, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey everyone, I recently got help here on a good PCI-e card to get and that's all settled, but I've recently moved and won't be able to get my default comp for a while (i.e 3-4 weeks), but have a system here which only accomdates PCI cards... Now I'm wondering if I buy the Sparkle 9400 GT PCI would it be able to work with a Dimension 2400? I know it only has a max of 32bit for data or w/e and the PSU is 250W. I read about persons installing that card on Dimension 2350 with the original PSU and no complaints... so I'm guessing it'd be ok for me? All I really want is to play WoW with at least 40+ fps outside and at least 20-30 in 5-25 man raids...

If you all have any recommendations besides the sparkle 9400 GT which goes for $69.99 where I'm getting it from, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,451   +135

Don't insist on good gaming using these "40+ fps outside and at least 20-30 in 5-25 man raids..." specs. You may or may not get there. The Sparkle 9400 GT PCI may work fine
  3. xarchsagex

xarchsagex Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 31

Well thanks for the info! I was wondering also because I know WoW is pretty processor reliant too, that since the 2400 only has a P4 2.4GHz, that I wouldn't really notice a dif with the card cuz itd be bottlenecked from the CPU...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.