Help I've deleted everything Google now I cant access my Gmail

jckinnick

A while back i was having trouble with the googleupdate.exe popping up all the time, i read an article on how to fix it and it said to delete the googleupdate.exe file but that you would not be able to check for updates anymore. Yesterday i decided i wanted to fix it back the way it was, so i uninstalled Google and tried to reinstall and i got an Google update error 0x80070005 message. I uninstalled everything in my Google pack including Earth, Desktop, Toolbar, Apps using Revo Uninstaller. I did a search on my drive and there was still some Google files left so i went through and deleted everything that was Google on my computer. Now i cant log into Gmail i put my username in and my password and it doesn't do anything, also one of the browsers i use i cant type anything into the address bar to search anymore it gives me an url not valid instead of going to Google.

I cant even ask for help on the Google Forum because you have to log into Gmail.

sounds like a virus.. but im not too familiar with google .. sweep your system and run registry cleaner or something.. i would use either CCleaner (actually all apps from Piriform.com are great to have as a toolkit for most issues) or Tweaknow Powerpack 2010.. both available in techspot downloads.. tweaknow is awesome for cleaning registry.. do maitenance and report back.. hopfully it works for ya..

sounds like a virus.. but im not too familiar with google .. sweep your system and run registry cleaner or something.. i would use either CCleaner (actually all apps from Piriform.com are great to have as a toolkit for most issues) or Tweaknow Powerpack 2010.. both available in techspot downloads.. tweaknow is awesome for cleaning registry.. do maitenance and report back.. hopfully it works for ya..

It was just in one browser i reinstalled the browser and its working now but i still cant install anything Google without getting a error message.

Absolutely!

It works totally different. Clean Up tool simply tries to remove references from the registry so the product installer won't think it's still installed. Revo tries to actually do a full uninstall along with cleaningup files, running product uninstallers, etc. Cleanup Tool doesn't care about file cleanup. Just tries clearing the Registyr

Absolutely!

It works totally different. Clean Up tool simply tries to remove references from the registry so the product installer won't think it's still installed. Revo tries to actually do a full uninstall along with cleaningup files, running product uninstallers, etc. Cleanup Tool doesn't care about file cleanup. Just tries clearing the Registyr

I thought Revo also removes references to the registry too it always makes a back up of the registry when it deletes the program and all the left over traces.

Back