TechSpot

Help - Major Boot-up Problems

By princessre
Nov 14, 2008
  1. Hi- I'm a newbie and know nothing about computers, so please be kind and help if you can. Please!!

I have a T60 that hangs during bootup. It used to be once in a while, but now it freezes like 10 times a day where even the mouse/touchpad doesn't work.

Here are my event logs:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    AFD
    ANC
    Fips
    IBMTPCHK
    intelppm
    IPSec
    MRxSmb
    NetBIOS
    NetBT
    RasAcd
    Rdbss
    Smapint
    Tcpip
    TDSMAPI
    TPHKDRV
    TPPWRIF
    TSMAPIP

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

The IPSEC Services service depends on the IPSEC driver service which failed to start because of the following error:
    A device attached to the system is not functioning.

The Bonjour Service service depends on the TCP/IP Protocol Driver service which failed to start because of the following error:

The Apple Mobile Device service depends on the TCP/IP Protocol Driver service which failed to start because of the following error:

The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service depends on the AFD service which failed to start because of the following error:

The DNS Client service depends on the TCP/IP Protocol Driver service which failed to start because of the following error:

The DHCP Client service depends on the NetBios over Tcpip service which failed to start because of the following error:

HELP PLEASE! The economy is so bad, I don't want to have to buy another laptop right now...

2. nobardin

nobardin TS Rookie Posts: 256

read over this and do the steps in order not skiping any please http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html because it sounds like you could have the blaster virus/worm

After doing that post the logs back here and we will go foward from there.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.