Help me choose a video card!

Hi there,

First time poster, long time lover of computers. Alright, well here's the scoop. I started with a basic Dell Vostro 200 with no video card installed. I took the video card out of my older PC and installed it but I began having problems with the rest of the computer not being up to par. So what I've done is upgrade the parts one by one:

-standard Dell Vostro 200
-installed ATI Radeon X300 SE video card
-installed Intel E5700 dual core 3.0GHz
-installed two(2) Samsung 1gb PC2-5300 DDR2 (3gb total w/ two 512mb)

Essentially all I want is a graphics card that would work the best for my PC. It can run Starcraft 2 which is absurd, considering how old the graphics card is, but what I really want it for is to play the game Vindictus on really graphically appealing settings. I really don't know much except the max. wattage is 250. Hope that helps!

Much appreciated

Hi salad,
The problem here is that any card that will accomplish what you want needs a PSU of 400w or more. even the cards that do not have a PCIE 6 pin.

The problem here is that any card that will accomplish what you want needs a PSU of 400w or more. even the cards that do not have a PCIE 6 pin.

Well what's interesting is that the card I currently have is almost 8 years old. Is what you're saying basically that I need a better PSU to turn my PC into a gaming computer...? Let me reiterate:

What graphics card will take advantage of my upgraded CPU/ram? If possible could you list the req. PSU

She's a beauty! My insides are curling to save space and money to be able to afford that, faster. Thanks red, I think I've got more of an idea what I should do now. keep safe!

Back