Help me cut some of my prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you could get value ram link and save ~$100. You also could get a cheaper case. There are lots of nice $100 cases, but if you really really like that case, I understand. You maybe can save some money by pricing your parts at some other stores, or waiting 'till they go on sale.

thats just about the cheapest ive found the stuff, but im gunna go on pricegrabber now and check if there is lower, and i am still debating over the value ram

and for the case, when i get it im gunna fall in love wit it

Prices go up and down a few dollars what seems like every day, so be sure to check on sites like pricegrabber. It is a kind of hard choice about ram, that hyper x is super fast, but the corsair value is super cheap. You have to decide if the xx % increase that you get for the extra $100 is worth it. To most people it's not, but to a extreme gamer, it might be "worth it".

I understand that sometimes you see something(case) and just have to have it because of its looks/features etc. If it's what you really want, get it.

You can save a lot of money on the TV tuner and the case

Who really wants to spend $200 on a case? Unless you are going to have people staring at it frequently it's probably a waste. I would get a much cheaper case and get myself a 3rd party fan controller.

$150 for a TV tuner is too much IMO. The differences I've noticed between a $45 LifeView 3000 and a $150 card are minimal at best. Is there any specific reason you chose that card?

PSU is a bit much. Sure, you do have a beefy video card, but I have nearly the same processor and much more other hardware in my primary system using an Antec SmartBlue 350W powering it. 3400+ with ten (10) hard drives, Pioneer DVR-108, tv tuner, 9800 pro, TTV9, two raid controllers, etc. For you I would suggest going for an Enlight/Antec/Sparkle/etc in the 450-500W range, mostly for the video card, but there's no need to plunk down $240. You can do just as good for $150 or less.

well i just cut about 132$,

any1 have the Logitech Z-5300e speakers?
im thinking of getting them, i went to best buy yesterday but and it sounder pretty good but i cant rly blast them b/c its inside a store

I have two Creative SB-560 5.1 sets, they can get loud and the bass is pretty good, little distortion, but nothing to write home about. They were $60 and $49 when I purchased them last year. But, it looks to me like you want a bit more power than that. Logitech is a quality brand, for sure.

Simple, buy from a good reputable shop in the USA, even with the added shipping with say buying a XP-3200 cpu you still save nearly $150, delivered to the door.

Be careful when buying from Ebay, VERY careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back