help me cut some of my prices

By ripken204
Mar 20, 2005
  1. vnf4ultra

vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,388

Well you could get value ram link and save ~$100. You also could get a cheaper case. There are lots of nice $100 cases, but if you really really like that case, I understand. You maybe can save some money by pricing your parts at some other stores, or waiting 'till they go on sale.
  2. ripken204

ripken204 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 139

thats just about the cheapest ive found the stuff, but im gunna go on pricegrabber now and check if there is lower, and i am still debating over the value ram

and for the case, when i get it im gunna fall in love wit it
  3. vnf4ultra

vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,388

Prices go up and down a few dollars what seems like every day, so be sure to check on sites like pricegrabber. It is a kind of hard choice about ram, that hyper x is super fast, but the corsair value is super cheap. You have to decide if the xx % increase that you get for the extra $100 is worth it. To most people it's not, but to a extreme gamer, it might be "worth it".

I understand that sometimes you see something(case) and just have to have it because of its looks/features etc. If it's what you really want, get it.
  4. Justin

Justin TS Rookie Posts: 942

You can save a lot of money on the TV tuner and the case

Who really wants to spend $200 on a case? Unless you are going to have people staring at it frequently it's probably a waste. I would get a much cheaper case and get myself a 3rd party fan controller.

$150 for a TV tuner is too much IMO. The differences I've noticed between a $45 LifeView 3000 and a $150 card are minimal at best. Is there any specific reason you chose that card?

PSU is a bit much. Sure, you do have a beefy video card, but I have nearly the same processor and much more other hardware in my primary system using an Antec SmartBlue 350W powering it. 3400+ with ten (10) hard drives, Pioneer DVR-108, tv tuner, 9800 pro, TTV9, two raid controllers, etc. For you I would suggest going for an Enlight/Antec/Sparkle/etc in the 450-500W range, mostly for the video card, but there's no need to plunk down $240. You can do just as good for $150 or less.
  5. ripken204

well i just cut about 132$,

any1 have the Logitech Z-5300e speakers?
    im thinking of getting them, i went to best buy yesterday but and it sounder pretty good but i cant rly blast them b/c its inside a store
  6. Justin

Justin TS Rookie Posts: 942

I have two Creative SB-560 5.1 sets, they can get loud and the bass is pretty good, little distortion, but nothing to write home about. They were $60 and $49 when I purchased them last year. But, it looks to me like you want a bit more power than that. Logitech is a quality brand, for sure.
  7. ripken204

8. Digisol

Digisol TS Rookie

Simple, buy from a good reputable shop in the USA, even with the added shipping with say buying a XP-3200 cpu you still save nearly $150, delivered to the door.

Be careful when buying from Ebay, VERY careful.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.