Help me find a gaming laptop under $1100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightingbird

My current gaming laptop might be toast. Its posting then rebooting endlessly. All of the research I have done shows the motherboard is toast. So I'll be calling the manufacturer tomorrow but it is three years old.

So I am looking for a good gaming laptop. Something with a good graphics card, dual core or better, good amount of ram, nice hard drive space, and preferably 17 inches or more but I'll take a 15 for something really nice.

So help me out. My current one could run pretty much anything like the star craft beta, command and conquer 4, Sims 3, and many other recent games.

I'm trying to get something nice.

Not sure about something compairable to Alienware MX17 but the HP dv6z you can order with ATIs Radeon HD 5470 512MB Discrete GPU 4GB of ram 2.3Ghz AMD Turion II P520 processor and 15.6" display for around $650 probably one of the best deals around with a discrete GPU option. You can also upgrade to the ATI Radeon HD 5650 1GB Discrete GPU at the price of $730. I haven't checked but you could probably get an HP notebook with core i3 or i5 with discrete GPU for less than $1100 which would be even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back