Help me fix my boss' computer (virus(es))

Status
Not open for further replies.
My boss "stepped in something" this weekend...and I'm the one responsible for cleaning it.

Symptomatically, he originally had Norton on his machine (though it had expired)...and even though his outlook express was closed, something was attempting to send or receive messages...and norton's little "scanning email" box would come up on his screen, sometimes 30 at a time. Needless to say, he couldn't really use his computer in that condition.

On advice from the pinned threads, I've downloaded, updated, and run AVG's Antivirus, AVG's spyware, SS&D, all while in safe mode, as well as CCleanup (not in safe mode...this was step 1).

Here's the logfile created after reboot (in normal mode).

Any help would be appreciated.

...also...since the time that the hijackthis log was created, I have deleted Norton from his system altogether.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The logfile you attached was not a proper HJT log.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of grantwolf only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back