Inactive Help me kill a blaster from flash drive. 2wire sez too many sessions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Row1

Hi. I have had this problem before: 2wire modem won't let me get to the internet because there are too many sessions running - it suggests blaster type virus.

I have handled this before, by running the same 3 AV programs.

Now, I have a new twist: a new netbook has caused the problem, blocking my desktop and my laptop from running through this modem, wired or wireless.

So: can someone please give me a bunch of ideas to run AV or malware programs from a flashdrive? I have an 8gb flashdrive, and I am at work. I can load up the flash drive with programs, and try to kill the blaster this weekend, but I won't have access to a computer over the weekend unless I take my laptop and go to a cafe with wireless. thanks!

Please clarify for me:

1. Do you need to disinfect the flash drive?
2. Or do you want to download the cleaning programs to the flash drive then install in the laptop:

For #1:

• [1]. Download Flash_Disinfector and save it to your Desktop.
    [2]. After downloading, double-click on Flash_Disinfector to run it.
    [3]. Just follow the prompts and continue until it begin scanning.
    flash-disinfector.jpg

[4]. If asked to insert your flash drive or any removable device including USB Pen Drive and Memory Stick, please do so.
    [5]. It will scan removable drives, wait for the scan to finish. Done.

What will Flash Disinfector Do
- Clean up junks created by flash malwares
- Deletes autorun.inf from every root folder
- Fix back damages done to your system
- Creates an autorun.inf folder in the root of your system drives

The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone.
Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
Reboot your computer when done.

Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden file named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder. It will help protect your drives from future infection.
===============================
For #2: Please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .

Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

Let me know if I missed something. Once I see the logs from the programs, I'll have a better idea of the next step. Please paste the logs in the next reply. Okay tp use multiple posts if needed.

Doing Number Two.

Hi -
I am doing number 2. I will download those programs onto the flash drive, and print out directions, then try to get through all of this at home this weekend.

Take your time. IF you paste the logs in, I can't get through them quickly. Okay to use multiple posts.

Avira made the problem disappear.

I ran Avira on the netbook, and after that, all 3 computers could get through the modem to the internet.

Strangely, Avira said it found no viruses or malware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back