Help me of you can. It s yet another problem with OpenGL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey. I just bought STAR WARS Jedi Knight Academy and when I try to play it it gives me this messages

JA: v1.0.0.0 win-x86 Jul 22 2003
Initialising zone memory .....
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\assets2.pk3 (62 files)
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\assets1.pk3 (8320 files)
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\assets0.pk3 (15346 files)
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData/base

----------------------
23728 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
couldn't exec autoexec.cfg
...detecting CPU, found Intel Pentium IV

------- Input Initialization -------
Skipping check for DirectInput
Joystick is not active.
------------------------------------
----- Client Initialization -----
----- Initializing Renderer ----
-------------------------------
----- Client Initialization Complete -----
--- Common Initialization Complete ---
Working directory: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData
couldn't exec setlanguage.cfg
Initializing OpenGL subsystem
...initializing QGL
succeeded
...setting mode 4: 800 600 FS
...using desktop display depth of 32
...calling CDS: ok
...registered window class
...created window@0,0 (800x600)
Initializing OpenGL driver
...getting DC: succeeded
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 8 )
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 0 )
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT
...restoring display settings
...WARNING: could not set the given mode (4)
...setting mode 3: 640 480 FS
...using colorsbits of 16
...calling CDS: ok
...created window@0,0 (640x480)
Initializing OpenGL driver
...getting DC: succeeded
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT
...restoring display settings
...WARNING: could not set the given mode (3)
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
-----------------------
GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

I have tried to install the latest drivers for my Nvidia GeForce MX200 but it says there are no drivers available. Can some one please help me. I have a Pentium 4 2ghz cpu, a Nvidia MX 200 64 mb graphics card, 256 Ram (Dont know what type of RAM) 120 gb of Hardware Space. IF you can help please tell me what to do. Im stumped

I go one to the site. I click on all that BS they get you to go through to find the right drivers. Download the 18.6 mb of ****. Thyen when the setup comes up it says there are no compatable drivers.

Dont worry. I found out today that my Graphics Card is not compatable with OpenGl. Thats why it hasn't been workin. I will just have to get a new graphics card. Thanx anyway for your help

Definetly do, the Mx200 is ancient, DX7 i think. If your computer came with it it must be quite old so im not sure about your upgrade possibilities. Check the Motherboard manual for AGP slot speed(2x,4x,8x) or, downlod CPU-ID and google the motherboard name. By the age of the card youl be lucky to have 8x, you may have 4x (Radeon 9000, 9200, Geforce Ti 422, Fx 5200). An 8x card will run in a 4x, itl just be slower. If its 2x, bad luck, youd be better off getting a new motherboard

Unfortunatly, unless you look really hard, your not going to find a motherboard for your processor. If youve got mony to burn, check out the mid/hight range buying guide on techspot. If youre strapped for cash, heres a good mix. I.ve included vat (if your in Britain) prices from www.overclockers.co.uk

Case, if your current case is ok for you ignore this.
There are cheaper ones, bu this is a particularly high quality one
Coolermaster Wave Master - Silver (No PSU) £99.88

Enermax Noisetaker 370W EG375AX-VE(G) SFMA ATX2.0 PSU £41.07
Gigabyte 7VT600P-RZ (Socket A) Motherboard £32.02
AMD Athlon "Barton" XP3000+ 333FSB £88.19
Akasa AK-827 Ultra Quiet Copper Base CPU Cooler £7.16
PowerColor ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB DDR TV-Out/DVI (AGP) £107.44
Western Digital Caviar Special Edition 250GB £99.98
2x GeIL 512MB PC3200 Value CAS2.5 £66.98

your hard drive size is fine, just it wont be compatible with the motherboard. Keyboard, sound card and modem you can use from your current, but you may want to get a keyboard vacumn, i think their about a tenner and plug into the USB port and clean your keyboard of filth

Overall price- £542.62

Its a cracking mix, and you can sell your old one, or use it for work or whaterver you want to use it for

Unfortunatly, unless you look really hard, your not going to find a motherboard for your processor. If youve got money to burn, check out the mid/high range buying guide on techspot. If youre strapped for cash, heres a good mix. I.ve included vat (if your in Britain) prices from www.overclockers.co.uk

Case, if your current case is ok for you ignore this.
There are cheaper ones, bu this is a particularly high quality one
Coolermaster Wave Master - Silver (No PSU) £99.88

Enermax Noisetaker 370W EG375AX-VE(G) SFMA ATX2.0 PSU £41.07
Gigabyte 7VT600P-RZ (Socket A) Motherboard £32.02
AMD Athlon "Barton" XP3000+ 333FSB £88.19
Akasa AK-827 Ultra Quiet Copper Base CPU Cooler £7.16
PowerColor ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB DDR TV-Out/DVI (AGP) £107.44
Western Digital Caviar Special Edition 250GB £99.98
2x GeIL 512MB PC3200 Value CAS2.5 £66.98

your hard drive size is fine, just it wont be compatible with the motherboard. Keyboard, sound card and modem you can use from your current, but you may want to get a keyboard vacumn, i think their about a tenner and plug into the USB port and clean your keyboard of filth

Overall price- £542.62

Its a cracking mix, and you can sell your old one, or use it for work or whatever you want to use it for

It didn't co e with my comp. I just put it in b/c I was running off an on board and that was the only graphics card I had lying around. But I am defintly gettig a new graphics card.

How to fix opengl error

I had this problem but now its fixed, heres what you do:
Delete all the opengl .dll files in the gamedata folder except for 'OpenAL32.dll'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back