Help me to build new PC

By cyberkingjk
Mar 26, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi I would like to assemble new intel PC for browsing, viewing movies & little gaming, reading Ebooks. Price should be moderate. Please help.

I am in thought of go for Core 2 Duo, I need suggetion for Processor model, Mother model, Ram size & model(DDR2/DDR3), HDD model & brand.
  2. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,032   +69

Hello
    Can you please also let us know what is your estimated budget for this build? Also as Core 2 Duo is almost at EOL, I would suggest considering an Core i5 solution instead or perhaps going to AMD as well. However, I would rather wait for your answer on my question before posting complete system suggestions. Regards
  3. Puiu

Puiu TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,020   +87

Can you please tell us your budget: I can try buıldıng one for you ıf you can gıve a number
    BTW here's a cheap build:
    AMD Athlon II X4 620 or AMD Athlon II X4 630 (cheap quads, but for what you want to do it's more than enough)
    a cheap am3 motherboard (avoid nvidia chipsets + must have ddr3 support - you can find one at under 75$ - asus/msi/asrock/gigabyte)
    4GB DDR3 Kingmax Hyperx 1333/1600MHz (no less than 4GB)
    Radeon HD 4870 / Nvidia GTX 260 /Radeon HD 4850 (in this order)
    Samsung Syncmaster 2333sw 23" monitor (if you want one then you should always buy a good monitor)
  4. Archean

Not bad at all Puiu :)

However, if you are going to suggest 4850 ..... I guess in comparison to that 5770 is better option.

Anyway, still awaiting his reply on the burning question of budget ;)
  5. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,288   +7

Hi cyberkingjk. What do you mean by "little gaming"? It would be helpful if you could specify what games you're considering to play and at what settings.
  6. cyberkingjk

cyberkingjk Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Budget

I would spend 750$. I am in india. I would like to go for Intel only. Please suggest.
  7. Puiu

Would you also want to buy a monitor? or just the rig
  8. Archean

I wonder if we could use TS's buying guide as starting point in this regard?

However, if he can recycle some parts (e.g. monitor/kb etc.) it may save some more money for the system.
  9. rislyy001

rislyy001 Newcomer, in training Posts: 19

It is really difficult thing to do, you'd better ask for helf from the professiona, I think
  10. Puiu

TS's rig is not exactly game friendly, but it is a good performer with a good CPU, but the GPU is a low end part and even if it does have DX 11 it's of no use if you can't play those games. (for dx11 i won't buy anything lower than a 5770).
    If you really want a Intel PC then a Core i3 530 is really good. (keep in mind that it is actually a dual core CPU).
    If you already have a monitor, then for about 150-200$ you can find HD5770/HD5750. If you don't care about DX11 then a HD4870 will give you a better bang for the buck.
    But it's up to you what you want to buy and i don't know the prices in India so they might be cheaper or more expensive. Good luck.
  11. T77

T77 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 315

don't choose core 2 duo,go in for the core i3 at least.getting the core i5 or core i7 is a bit difficult here in India unless you live in Mumbai or Bangalore.
    also you could go in for the intel P55 motherboard.
    invest in atleast a 500GB HDD.choose the WD Caviar Blue series.
    go in for at least 3GB DDR2 ram,ddr3 would be a little expensive.
    as for the gpu, ati radeon hd5570 would be fine.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.