TechSpot

Help me with getting a new computer

By AGGERNATOR
Apr 26, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hello there, as I am new to this site, I was wondering if you could help me figure out which is the best computer to get as my laptop is overheating and my birthday is coming up soon.

I do not know the difference between graphics cards but here are the specs for each one I am able to afford and I was wondering which is the best one to use.

Here are some of the specs they show;,

Dual-core AMD E1-1200 processor
    Genuine Windows® 8
    Memory: 4GB
    Hard drive: 500 GB
    Graphics: AMD Radeon™ HD 7310
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    AMD E1-1200 processor
    Genuine Windows® 8
    Memory: 4 GB
    Hard drive: 1TB
    With built-in WiFi
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Intel® Pentium™ G645 processor
    Windows 8
    Memory: 6 GB
    Hard drive: 1TB
    With built-in WiFi
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Intel® Pentium™ G645 processor
    Windows 8
    Memory: 4 GB
    Hard drive: 500 GB
    Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 610M

2. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TS Evangelist Posts: 827   +192

For us to really help you out with this. You will need to answer the following questions:
    • Location?
    • Budget?
    • What are you going to use this PC for?

3. AGGERNATOR

AGGERNATOR TS Rookie Topic Starter

Well I am in the united kingdom, and my budget is £600, and im going to use it for gaming for world of warcraft, and maybe some more different games aswell.

4. Blkfx1

Alrighty, and you want a pre built machine? Just so you know, building your own PC usually nets you the best results. Luckily for you, WoW isn't a very demanding game. I'm going to guess you don't have any peripherals(Mouse,Monitor,Keyboard..etc) already?

5. AGGERNATOR

AGGERNATOR TS Rookie Topic Starter

No I dont, I like the all in one as it doesnt take up much space, and I usually download shooter games to play aswell, just really want to know what can cope with the most

6. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,191   +417

I tried not saying anything to this thread but I can't in good conscience just let this happen without voicing one thing. I would not pay £600 for all four of those machines combined. They are incapable of even basic gaming performance in my opinion... though I am a little spoiled.

7. Blkfx1

Lol, I was going to voice against them in my next response.

8. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +965

For 800 USD you should get much more than an AMD A1 or Intel Pentium. Gaming all in ones are impractical, a disgrace to gaming PCs, and are a rip off. You can build small form factor PCs.

9. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

What's your current laptop specs by the way? I bet it's on par with these machines. :D

10. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +965

lol, yeah I was laughing at those rigs a bit.