TechSpot

HELP!! Monitor Question!

By Jaybag
Oct 8, 2003
  1. I need a new monitor fast.

I narrowed it down to the 21"Viewsonic 220F,

or the 21"Sony G520.

If ANYONE has any reviews, id like to hear them. The Sony is about $100 more.

2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Well ususally Sony makes a better product and that is what you are paying the extra money for, but I have not personally used either of these monitors.

BTW :wave: Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,210   +424

I have actual experience with the G520 - one of our forum members, Deus, has one and I must say it's a gorgeous CRT. I haven't used the 220F though so I'm not sure I can really compare the two. I can say that I seriously doubt you will be unhappy with the G520.

4. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

I've never been happy with Viewsonic image quality. Samsung, Sony and NEC/Mitsubishi make nice monitors though.

5. Jaybag

Jaybag TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hey, thanks for the replies. I was courious of the Viewsonic because it is .21 dot pitch, and $100 less than the SONY.
    Never heard a bad word about Sonys though. Basically noone has seen/used the 220F. makes you go Hmmmmmm.....

6. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,977   +15

If you ask me, Sony is the best/top of the line when it comes to moniters. Followed by NEC/Mitsubishi then Samgsung.

7. Jaybag

Yea, I never heard a bad word about a Sony. especially the 520.

8. vassil3427

vassil3427 TS Rookie Posts: 640

Off topic a tiny bit, has anyone looked at the samsung LCD panels? Ever notice the funny yellow tinting to everything?? yuck....

9. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,210   +424

I have a samsung lcd - can't see the funny yellow tinting you're talking about. I've got a 191T

10. vassil3427

vassil3427 TS Rookie Posts: 640

Oh really? all the ones in Best Buy have a funny yellowish tint, all the others are crisp and clear, maybe they are cheap models or something....

11. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Maybe they just have the color temperature set to 6500 or lower? If you are into the blueish 9k K colors, just look around in the menus.

12. BrownPaper

BrownPaper TS Rookie Posts: 407

the sony should be great. i like my sony 19" crt a lot.

13. Tarkus

Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 621

I love my Sony G520. Very nice monitor. I also bought 2 for work. I haven't seen any Viewsonic monitors that are under 4 years old, so I won't comment on them.

14. Jaybag

Well, I know the Sony is more, but the testimony is incerdible. I think I med up my mind because Newegg has it for $562!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.