Help! My computer freezes while loading my personal settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok. so basically for about 1 year now and counting ive had this problem. its very frustrating! ive tried everything except for buying a new gay computer that will only eff up after about 3 months of owning it again but anyways.

heres the problem.

i have windows XP.
i power up and it loads up to the login screen where i click which user i want.
i click the user and it tries to load.
i freezes at (loading your personal settings.)
i have to turn it off and on and let it load each time for about and hour before it finally will load past (loading your personal setting).
after about an hour of doing this repeatedly it works just fine for about a day.
any expertise or though would be greatly appreciated.
thank you.

I noticed your way with words (! :) ) could be a bit better
Try to be clear and concise, and don't call your computer, names. Unless you meant happy.

Try these two options

Memtest

Please run Memtest for at least 7 passes (~4Hrs) for a thorough test of your Ram

CheckDisk

Manual steps to run Chkdsk from My Computer or Windows Explorer
  • Open My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.
  • Click Properties, and then click Tools.
  • Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed
Use one of the following procedures:
  • • To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click Start.
  • • To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box, and then click Start. (tick)
  • • To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box.

Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:
The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?
Click Yes to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.

Wait until Chkdsk finishes Checking / Repairing any faults
Windows will then either restart your computer or continue loading Normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back