Help Needed Installing Video Card!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys I need Help Installing A Video Card A Nvidia Gforce.
I Put it in my computer and then i turned it on then there are about 24 horizontal parallel lined going down that are green and sometimes blue. Then I Wait And It Says Unknown Hard Error And Something About Dumping into physical memory and then it restarts. And i go on the online tutorial on how 2 install on and it said that you needed to disable the integrated video card thats already built in. how do i disable it so i can make my video card work? i have a Sony Vaio PCV-RX640 and help will be appreciated thanks a lot ive been searching for answer but i found none yet. thanks

you need to enter the bios and disable onboard or intergrated graphics, different mobo's have diff procedures for accessing the bios typically you hold down the delete button or F8 during boot up. you should consult your PC manual for the specifics. once you disable the onboard graphics then save and exit the bios it will then boot into windows.

Can you uninstall the current video drivers first? Set it back to basic VGA mode. I just checked the manual online and the on-board graphics is automatically shut down when an AGP card is detected.

Are the verticle lines visible when your first start your computer?

What is the exact error message that you are given before your computer restarts?

Do you have a card in PCI slot 1? You should never use PCI1 for anything as it shares resources with the AGP slot.

the vertical lines appear when it says windows XP loading and those lines are there and then it goes away and then 30 seconds later it says Unknown Hard Erorr and then it says dumping to physical setting. then it restarts then the process starts all over agian im thinking im gunna disable the intel graphics card or uninstall it then put in the card and also i put the card in the VGA slot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back