Help needed to fix Amilo Pro Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband's laptop is stuck on the windows error message (is this known as the blue screen) and whatever option you choose it just keeps repeating the same rubbish and rebooting itself. I dont know what he tried to do but I think he tried to connect to the internet with a wireless modem and somehow everything is screwed up big time.

a) Cant get it to function from the CD drive
b) Cant get into Windows to do any type of restore
c) When putting in Windows XP disk it doesnt read hard drive
d) When I change set up to read CD drive first still does nothing
e) Downloaded recovery disks from internet but laptop doesnt read them - work fine on PC
f) tried removing battery for 30 mins and pressing F keys to no avail
g) Manufacturer no help (Fujitsu Siemens) - want £50 for a recovery disk when we didt get one and bought laptop from new.
h) no vital info on laptop

Been trying for 3 days now to get it sorted but cant seem to get any further

Anyone got any ideas of what else I can do?????

Thanks

Can you boot with the "Last Known Good Configuration" or "Safe Mode"?

If you're using a SATA HDD you might need to provide the XP disc with drivers during setup or slipstream them, after which you ought to just be able to reinstall the OS (which might be the easiest route if there's nothing important on the disk).

Afraid cant boot into anything - cant use safe mode or last good configurtion.
Tried reinstalling XP several times which it seems to load but then when windows starts up you get the same "safe mode" error messages again.

Seems impossible to get it to start up anything except windows whihc just crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back