Help!!!!!!!! New PC hangs on POST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help!!!!!!!!

I bought a new FIC AN17 mobo with an XP2100 CPU, 256K in a kit form........
Got home....pulled the old unit out...installed the new one....set all jumpers cleared bios....only installed video card and lan card...

plugged it in and turned it on...fires, identifys hard drive and keyboard flicks one time and hangs....

booting and hitting delete key is not possible.....

it hands and keyboard is not working....

anyone got any ideas???

Thanks in advance

try a diff keyboard. I have one machine that simply will not boot with a microsoft natural keybord hooked up. and another that wont boot with a usb board have to attach a ps/2

yeah I had a microsoft PS/2 also and on one machine it simply would not boot if I had it plugged in. I got a cheapo 9.00 generic keyboard and it booted right up. and after booting the first time I could then plug in the MS keyboard and it worked fine.

I have the same board, FIC AN17, with an XP1800 and 512 2100 DDR memory. Added AGP VooDoo3 3000 video and 3Com 509C network cards and it hangs seconds after booting. Tried 3 different keyboards with no luck at all, clearing the CMOS and reseating the Memory.

If that does not work, you may want to ensure your jumpers are correct (if the board is not jumperless).

If you have a "jumperless" motherboard, then try clearing the CMOS.

Also, unplug any drives you may have connected to the computer - Hopefully it will finish posting. Sometimes bad drive configurations can hang at POST.

Yeah man, having a topic called "Help!!!" isn't very helpful for future members trying to use posts on the forums to find their answer. Think how many diverse posts you would get on a search under "Help!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back