TechSpot

Help nothing works

By Hopeless88
Feb 8, 2009
  1. hi everyone I need desperate help . I'm writing from my iPod touch because for some reason I can't go online my computer says the ics cannot be started when I try to see what happen to the firewall and when I try to copy and paste things it doesn't let me, when I minimize programs they don't show on the toolbar, it says the rcp is unavailable .. I have no idea what to do please help

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

My suspicion is that you might be infected. What antivirus, firewall, and antispyware do you use? Do you have a router?

3. Hopeless88

Hopeless88 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have norton 360. Which I can't use either , and my firewall I'm not sure ?? No I don't have a wireless router

4. LookinAround

LookinAround Ex Tech Spotter Posts: 6,491   +183

Try booting your computer into Safe Mode with networking. See if it behaves any better (as virus might not get started) and you can then network to try downloading the 8steps for malware removal

5. Route44

LookinAround beat me to it! Take his advice about first booting into Safe Mode and then follow those 8steps.

Do you have a wired router? The very best defense against infection is wise internet habits and then a router is essential.

6. Hopeless88

Ok cool I'm online in safe mode

7. Route44

Great! Now follow those steps. This will take a while but well worth it. It would probably be good to post in the Virus & Malware Removal forum once you finish with your results. There are very knowlegeable people there.

I also strongly suggest you find someone who can help you set up your system security and get a router.

Good luck.

8. Hopeless88

Thanks sOo much :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.