Help on a new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i would like some advice on video cards.

Edit:
From your duplicate 2nd thread (now removed)
I have XP professional, 1024MB memory, motherboard = intel # D845PT,
Graphics interface AGP version 2 4x / 4x.
This info was obtained from CPU-Z

I have a Ge-force2 card currently. I would like to upgrade if possible so i can do graphics. I am working in cs4. I amreally looking to do something in the 3D arena. any advise would be appreciated. thank you

This post moved from Introduce yourself forum

Video card are used to display the image on the monitor

For more specific orientated questions please first put your System Specs information in your Profile

If you have a brand name computer (like Dell; HP; or other) please place the Computer name & Model number in your Mobo field of your Profile

You can also read here: How to post a new thread

What was?

If you are speaking of your System Specs, then no it wasn't :)

Read:

Please click on Yes in your Profile To this question:
Would you like to show other members your computer specs? Default is (NO) This will be displayed in your posts via a drop down menu for other members to view. Add your system specs in your usercp Edit options.

lets try this again, yes was checked.
here is also what i found for specs on the mother board. I do not know the voltage.

Intel Desktop Board D845BG/D845PT Technical Product Specification
1.8.1 AGP
✏ NOTE
The AGP connector is keyed for 1.5 V AGP cards only. Do not attempt to install a legacy 3.3 V
AGP card. The AGP connector is not mechanically compatible with legacy 3.3 V AGP cards.
The AGP connector supports AGP add-in cards with 1.5 V Switching Voltage Level (SVL).
Legacy 3.3 V AGP cards are not supported.
For information about Refer to
The location of the AGP connector Figure 1, page 14
The signal names of the AGP connector Table 36, page 68
AGP is a high-performance interface for graphics-intensive applications, such as 3D applications.
While based on the PCI Local Bus Specification, Rev. 2.2, AGP is independent of the PCI bus and
is intended for exclusive use with graphical display devices. AGP overcomes certain limitations of
the PCI bus related to handling large amounts of graphics data with the following features:
Pipelined memory read and write operations that hide memory access latency
Demultiplexing of address and data on the bus for nearly 100 percent efficiency
For information about Refer to
Obtaining the Accelerated Graphics Port Interface Specification Section 1.5, page 19

AGP connector supporting 1.5 V 4X AGP cards

I believe this Motherboard of yours is too old to add any cost to (ie a new AGP card)
You may be able to find an old video card on eBay or somewhere if yours is not working properly

But given the age of the Motherboard I would highly recommend updating the Motherboard not the AGP graphics card (if at all possible anyway)

I cannot advise you any further on this thread regarding your hardware, including purchasing a new Motherboard. You may be best to purchase an entire new system (recommended)

This thread will have no other input placed on it by me.

I hope that you have been satisfied with the support given already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back