Help On the Blue Screen of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry if i had anything wierd in my thread, but i just entered and this is my first forum and is very confused with my laptop. Old model not too sure on the model.

i have had this problem just today on my IBM Laptop. It is not mine, but it is my dads. I encountered today the blue screen of death, and is very confused. Somethings that have happened was I accuately left my laptop on, and it has died. It then went to sleep mode and When i recently tried to turn it on, the blue screen of death pops up saying :

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

if this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen,
restart your computer. if this screen appears again, follow
these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer
for any windows updates you might need.

if problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Start Up Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0xF897D310, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x804D9B60)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Ph ysical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or techncal support group for further assistance.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

-I have already tried to run a virus scan on my computer and it showed as nothing.
-I have already tried to system restore and nothing happened.
-I have tried to delete system restore registry and all.
-I have have recently installed AIM a few days ago.
-I have tried doing what a different thread said and change some things by going from System>Advanced Tab> Performance Settings.> Advanced Tab> Virtual memory tab Change button on the bottom right hand side. I was told to make it default settings and restart, tried and nothing happened.
-I have Tried Going to system> Advanced> Startup and recovery settings. I unchecked my automatically restart tab and changed my write debugging info to a complete memory dump. Nothing happened when this happened and it just let my "blue screen of death" to not restart, and instead just stay as is and making me force shutdown.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Something that i did try doing and noticed, is that my network was a problem. my wireless/ LAN Pro 2100 3B Mini PCI card was the problem i think. I have went to my IBM settings and turned all networks off, then noticed that i wouldn't have to enter safe mode anymore. I, one by one enabled everything, and i noticed it had something to do with my wireless things. I then went to system> hardware tab< device manager> THen i went to network adapters, and clicked on my 2100 3B Mini PCI and disabled it while in safemode. Then i was allowed to load Windows XP but i could not have any sort of WiFi. Could someone assist me with this problem? I have done nothing yet to my computer but if you could please that would be most appreciated. If you need anything else from me post ;D

Hi

If you have traced the fault to the wireless NIC then you are halfway to solving your problem, you need to remove the item in Device manager.

Reboot your pc and into normal mode and windows will reinstall the NIC it may ask for a driver location point it to where it is ie CD or file somewhere, if your drivers are a self installing package then simply cancel the auto install and run the manual setup for the drivers.

Well done for being thorough in your original diagnosis of the problem.

Regards

okay i have uninstalled the device from the device list and rebooted my computer. My computer then found my hardware and the blue screen of death popped up in about 10 seconds after windows loaded. Is my Wireless card the problem?

IF you find the Error in the Event Viewer that corresponds to the BSOD, we may get additional information that will help troubleshoot:
Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer> click on Apps first> right click> Properties on Error> click on Copy button below the down arrow on the right> Paste here (Ctrl V) Follow the same procedure in System.

You do ot need to include the lines of code in the box below the Description. Ignore Warnings. If the Error is repeating and has the same ID#, the same Source and the same Description, only one copy is needed.

The Event Viewer holds the logs of everything that goes on in a system. Information Events are just that: a log of what was done. Warnings are usually a documentation of a happening at that particular time. It has been my experience that if a Warning cannot resolve, it will then become an Error.

Did you look in both System and App logs for Errors? There should be one-at least- corresponding with the BSOD. It is difficult to access what cause some problems because you have done so much to the system trying to 'fx' them.

It is also uncertain what the network status is. One suggestion is to uninstall the recently installed AIM and see what difference that makes- if any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back