Help! PC Keeps Crashing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help,
My PC keeps crashing and becoming unresponsive when i first turn it on. I have run the computer in safe mode and run a variety of tests looking for spyware and viruses (none have been found!). Problems have started with my PC about a month ago where i couldnt complete disk defragmenter and still cant! Please Help!

Here Is a List of Running Processes;
alg.exe
application launcher
avgamsvr.exe
avgas.exe
avgcc.exe
avgemc.exe
avgupsvc.exe
compatability manager
crss.exe
ctfmon.exe
dkservice.exe
epmworker.exe
explorer.exe
firefox.exe
generic.exe
guard.exe
iwctrl.exe
jusched.exe
lsass.exe
lvcoms.exe
mdm.exe
msascui.exe
msmpeng.exe
nvsvc32.exe
pwrisovm.exe
qttask.exe
realsced.exe
rundll32.exe
rundll32.exe
services.exe
smss.exe
spoolsv.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
system
system idle process
taskmgr.exe
vsmov.exe
wcescomm.exe
wdfmgr.exe
winlogon.exe
wscntfy.exe
zlclient.exe

For me there is far to many process running there but unsure of which and how to close certain ones, appreciate help,

Thanks,
Jonathan

I have run chkdsk /f and the problem still persists, please help!
Thanks

wow.... thast a lot of crap running at once. Need your system specs, because my first though is a memory issue. You got so much rubbish running at once, any pc would lag. Memory is very important, and if your short it can cause mass system instability, inclusive of freezing and even shutdowns.

i would first follow these instruction to help clean up unneccessary services...

go to Start > Run > Type services.msc and hit enter
then follow instruction on this site http://www.masternewmedia.org/news/2006/04/12/slow_computer_speed_up_your.htm

this will at least help with the overall performance of your pc,
go to Start > Run > Type msconfig and hit enter... here you are able to adjust the services again, but also you can adjust which apps run as you pc starts.

i would also try gettiing your hands on "TuneUp Utilities 2006" or 2007, as this has a feature called "Tune Up system Optimiser" which is very useful for, well as it says optimising you system. This can be very helpful.

All this is counting on the fact it is a memory issue, if it isnt that i still suggest cleaning up your system anyways.

Good Luck

be patient

***The fact the defrag didnt work is also evident of memory issue, BUT can also be due to lack of hdd space. Check both!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your thread to our Security and the Web forum.

Your system is infected with a variety of nasties.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of JonathanBWFC only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back