Help PC wont display anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished building a pc and cant seem to get anything to display on my monitor. The Monitor works fine and i dont think its my Video Card since there does seem to be power going to it since its fan is working. I havent built a computer in a long time so i might of done something wrong and just need some advice.

Case-THERMALTAKE XASER VI
MotherBoard-GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P AM3 DDR3 AMD 790X ATX AMD
Video-GIGABYTE GEFORCE GT220 1GB
Processor-AMD PHENOM 2 X4 3.2 GHz
Ram-G SKILL 4GB(2X2GB)
SataHardrive-WESTERN DIGITAL 1.5TB SATA 3GB/s
Power-ATHENA POWER

I'm not expert but you can try this safe tips. 1# Remove your current graphic card and try to boot up again without your card, chances are you have a inboard chip. 2# if you do go to control panel and uninstall your current driver. then try reinstalling your Gt220 I wonder what's your PSU Watts? 3# well i was going to say make sure on bios it knows to boot from pci-E but you can't see anything so thats useless lol... chances are you have a inboard chip and its crewing with you. my xfx 750i came with no inboard card in fact only way to use my mobo is with my own card.

Do you get any beeps when the system powers up? If so, check for the beep code online to determine the issue.

Else, try booting up your system with only the CPU and single memory stick connected to the motherboard. See if you get to BIOS. If you do, then add components one by one till you encounter the same problem. That way you know which part is at fault.

Also ensure that your RAM is placed in the primary slot and all wires are well connected.

Another thought, have you connected the 4 Pin CPU power conncetor to the motherboard?

what ive tried.

My mobo does not have any onboard graphics...which sucks cause i thought of that right away...so i tried to use one memstick at a time to see if i had a bad one and that didnt work...i tried rotating them through the 4 slots and still got nothing..the power is plugged into the mobo and everything turns on inside the case and whats plugged into the mobo just not getting a blank screen on monitor...my only other thoughts on this is that my mem is bad right out of the package and i would need to buy more...if anyone knows of any misconnection that could cause this like idk hooking a haddrive up wrong or something please give some advice,

and i just realized that the keyboard and mouse lights arent on so i dont know if that helps any.

and ty for the other suggestions ive tried them and nothing worked so far

Did you try booting up with only CPU and one memory module only? No HDD or anything else.

if i take the ram out and start up the computer should any thing show up on the monitor or still stay blank like it is

The system can't start up without any memory. Now the issue could be the video card (hopefully) or else CPU / motherboard / memory...

If you have an older card (or if you could borrow one) try using that to check if there is any display.

Also, it would be good if you could get yourself a small motherboard speaker. That way you could check if the system gives any beeps when trying to power up.

hopefully its just the video card so im gonna go and buy a new one today hopefully and if that doesnt work i will cry like a little girl lol and buy a new mobo...then with all the spare parts that i have i can build a new pc.....hahaha

Don't go buying things randomly. Check your video card on another system if possible or test a different one on yours.

You should do the same with your memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back