Help pick a motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelth

I'm looking for a Cheap Motherboard that will support a AtI Radeon HD 4770.As in cheap i mean less than 100 Us dollars, as a matter of fact the cheaper ,the better. I would like it to be ATX Standard or micro. thank you for your help

AMD chip motherboards by Gigabyte, MSI, Biostar, EliteGroup, Asus, FoxConn... That were release between 1 year and 6 months ago... and still on the market at Directron, NewEgg, and Frys. For ruggedness, quality build, and reliability related to low cost, we are partial to Gigabyte and Foxconn.

The GA-MA770-UD3 and GA-MA74GM-S2 are excellent choices IMO. The former is an overall better choice than the latter if you are going to overclock or use a quad-core CPU (the northbridge on the cheaper mATX board gets uncomfortably hot with one of those CPUs installed).

I haven't decided on a processor yet , but to save cost i will probably go with a dual-core. I'm just starting to learn to build computers this will be my 2nd, I'm not sure how to overclock or anything so until i do , I probably won't try to , although it would be nice to be able to at some point maybe.I guess an AMD would be ok.I just have never messed with one so i don't know much about them.Any ideas are great thx

Would you like to go with DDR3 memory? How much will you spend on the rig. Figures help us give better suggestions. :)

I'm thinking around 300 or less not including the video card,case. If it's possible . I could go alil over that if i have to.I have a 780i atm i'm useing. But this computer i'm building will be for my daughter so it doesn't have to be the best. Just better than her compaq that is 4 years old,lol. I looked up the 680I and those must be rare cause i went to 6 diff. online stores i know and none sell them. Even the stores xfx tell you to go to don't sell them.

I'd say go with the Phenom II X3 720 BE processor on any AMD 790X chipset motherboard. Along with that a good 4GB kit of DDR3 1333MHz. That'll set you back about $340. If you'd like to go a little cheaper, you could get an AMD 770 chipset motherboard. I'm recommending that processor presuming you like to game.

Ok, this is what i'm thinking MSI 770, Athlon II x4 620-Only reason for the Athlon is because it's about 40+ dollars cheaper than the Phenom IIx3 720, and I could go with a cheaper video card ,only reason i was going with Ati is because of the reveiws were so good.Only games my daughter will be playing are little kid games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back