HELP PLEASE: Computer won't boot after removing IDE drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I was currently having another error described here:

forums.overclockers.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=8

And while I ran the recovery software, I kept getting a BSOD "DRIVER_IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL.....nvata.sys"

So I looked it up and apparently it's the nVidia drivers for IDE or something. I went into control panel, nVidia drivers and uninstalled nVidia IDE, in hopes that Windows would revert to its own driver like other forums said.

Restarted my computer, and now it won't boot to windows. It will just either go blank, monitor goes on stand-by, which only lets me restart it.

When it runs through the first few black screens, it does detect the drives. It even shows the Winows XP loading thing. Then it goes blank.

Safe mode nor Last good configuration works

Or it will just restart itself.

So now instead of having the problem of a stuffed up hard drive, I also can't boot up windows.

Help please!!!!

[EDIT] I tried just using the repair function and nothing helped.

Is there a way to type in something in console to repear IDE drivers?

I have some additional news.

I hooked up another monitor to the computer (because I used to get blank screens on my current monitor because the resolution is too small)...and now I've found out some things further..

When I boot up normally (non safe mode), it goes to the Windows black loading screen and then to a blue screen (similar to when you schedule chkdsk before bootup). On the blue screen it says:

"Setup is going to be restarted" or something similar

Now if I boot up to safe mode, it actually loads to the black screen where th top centre says 'Windows XP Pro Build 2600' and the corners have 'Safe mode'. However after a while, a dialog pops up saying:

"Setup cannot be continued/will be restarted"

Basically this process loops on and on until I turn it off.

Does anyone have any idea what setup this is referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back