Help please, need to know if my laptop will run WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, hopefully someone here can help me out. I'm wanting to start playing World of Warcraft, but I don't want to buy the game unless I'm sure it will run on my laptop.

Here are the specs:
- Windows XP (SP2)
- 2.2 GHz intel processor
- 768 MB of RAM
- Intel 82845G Graphics controller (which is what i'm worried about) Here are a few things i pulled from the report:
Driver Version: 6.14.10.4342 (Just updated it)
DirectX* Version: 9.0
Min. Graphics Memory: 1 MB
Max. Graphics Memory: 64 MB
- Sound card, DVD-rom, enough HD space, etc. etc.

If anyone can help me out, i would really appreciate it! thanks!

Download this program, just click on one of the mirrors. Its everest home edition and it will give you a better description of ur video card. Tell me what ur video card specs are on this program. Once you have downloaded it open it and go into computer, then summary and then scroll down till u find display. It will list your video card their. So post that when u get it.
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller (64 MB)

is that what you needed?
I'm pretty sure it's not going to work. :(

Yea im sorry but that graphics card is not up to it when it comes to gaming i got a few opinions and googled it and found out it wont work very good or at all. I highly reccomend getting a new video card if u like gaming. If u live in the US check this site out.
www.newegg.com
They have unbeatable prices. Look at the video cards, find some u like read the reviews, google it and then post it on here to see what ppl think to decide if it worth buying. A liitle advice for when buying ur vid card, try look for PCI or PCI-E opposed to AGP as the PCI and PCI-E are generally better. But if ur just going to be doing light end gaming stick with the AGP.
Hope that helps and sorry bout the card it suck when u cant play a game.

Also if u got the Everest home edition check to see if ur motherboard supporrts PCI/PCI-E and if its got any free slots if not get AGP.

The problem is that I have a laptop and the video is integrated...
Thanks for your help anyway...
Looks like I'm going to save up to build a whole new system...

Nah u can still put vid cards in even if its intergrated but only if its has PCI/PCI-E or AGP expansion slots.

--EDIT--
But some mobos cant do that i havent looked to see if urs has. Try running everest it will tell u.

Crusader said:
Nah u can still put vid cards in even if its intergrated but only if its has PCI/PCI-E or AGP expansion slots.

--EDIT--
But some mobos cant do that i havent looked to see if urs has. Try running everest it will tell u.

He can not upgrade because he has a lap top. :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back