Help Please? Virus/malware

Status
Not open for further replies.

psxnut

Hi all,

Been a while since I needed your services, but I seem to have picked up something even though I have tried to keep anti virus software running all the time, would you please help me get rid of this annoying virus?

Done the 8 point check.

my hijack this log is attached..

Thanks in advance.

psxnut

Attachments

• mbam-log-2010-02-12 (23-59-34).txt
    972 bytes · Views: 3
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 02-12-2010 - 23-43-27.log
    465 bytes · Views: 3
  • hijackthis.log
    11.7 KB · Views: 3
Thanks for the reply,

I got Trojan.FakeAlert according to malwarebytes in my registry, it says its removed it ,.but it is still there. when I boot up explorer I get all sorts of pages coming up instead of the right ones. I have programs on this laptop that I use, which it would be hard to get anymore, I dont use it for banking and that sort of thing, so I would like to fix it ranther than format and reload. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

psxnut

Please download ComboFix from Here or Here to your Desktop.

**Note: In the event you already have Combofix, this is a new version that I need you to download. It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**
  • Please, never rename Combofix unless instructed.
  • Close any open browsers.
  • Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
  • Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
  • Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.
NOTE 1. If Combofix asks you to install Recovery Console, please allow it.
NOTE 2. If Combofix asks you to update the program, always do so.

• Close any open browsers.
  • WARNING: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts
  • Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
  • If there is no internet connection after running Combofix, then restart your computer to restore back your connection.
  • Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • When finished, it will produce a report for you.
  • Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt" along with a new HijackThis log for further review.
**Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall**

Make sure, you re-enable your security programs, when you're done with Combofix.

DO NOT make any other changes to your computer (like installing programs, using other cleaning tools, etc.), until it's officially declared clean!!!

Hi,

Ran combofix, log attached along with new hijackthis log. I had to copy and paste them to my usb memory stick and post them as I can't get to tech spot forum via my laptop, even with a reboot.

regards
psxnut

Attachments

• log.txt
    18.9 KB · Views: 2
  • hijackthis.log
    11.3 KB · Views: 1
1. Please open Notepad
  • Click Start , then Run
  • Type notepad .exe in the Run Box.

2. Now copy/paste the entire content of the codebox below into the Notepad window:

Code:
KillAll::

File::
c:\windows\Tasks\Symantec NetDetect.job

Folder::
c:\program files\Symantec

Driver::

Registry::

RegLockDel::

MBR::

3. Save the above as CFScript.txt

4. Then drag the CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe as depicted in the animation below. This will start ComboFix again.

CFScript.gif

5. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), please post the following reports/logs into your next reply:
  • Combofix.txt
  • A new HijackThis log.

Hi,

Latest attached

thanks
psxnut

Attachments

• log.txt
    21.4 KB · Views: 2
  • hijackthis.log
    11.1 KB · Views: 0
Download the MBR Rootkit Detector: http://www2.gmer.net/mbr/mbr.exe to your desktop.

* Doubleclick mbr.exe and follow prompts (Vista users: right click on mbr.exe and click "Run As Administrator").
* A black DOS window will quickly appear then disappear.
* When mbr.exe is finished it will create a log on your desktop.
* Copy and paste contents of that log (mbr.log) file to your next reply.

Hi,

MBR.log attached.

thanks

psxnut

P.S. Please note, I edited the name of the virus above correctly for other users.

Attachments

• mbr.log
    195 bytes · Views: 2
Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.
Extract its contents to your desktop and make sure TDSSKiller.exe (the contents of the zipped file) is on the Desktop itself, not within a folder on the desktop.
Go to Start > Run (Or you can hold down your Windows key and press R) and copy and paste the following into the text field. (make sure you include the quote marks) Then press OK.

"%userprofile%\Desktop\TDSSKiller.exe" -l C:\TDSSKiller.txt -v

If it says "Hidden service detected" DO NOT type anything in. Just press Enter on your keyboard to not do anything to the file.
When it is done, a log file should be created on your C: drive called TDSSKiller.txt please copy and paste the contents of that file here.

Hi,

TDSSKiller.txt attached.

thanks

psxnut

P.S. It asked me to reboot.

Attachments

• TDSSKiller.txt
    36.1 KB · Views: 3
Very good :)

Uninstall Combofix:
Go Start > Run [Vista users, go Start>"Start search"]
Type in:
Combofix /Uninstall
Note the space between the "Combofix" and the "/Uninstall"
Click OK (Vista users - press Enter).
Restart computer.

=========================================================================

1. Download Temp File Cleaner (TFC)
Double click on TFC.exe to run the program.
Click on Start button to begin cleaning process.
TFC will close all running programs, and it may ask you to restart computer.

2. Go to Kaspersky website and perform an online antivirus scan.

1. Disable your active antivirus program.
2. Read through the requirements and privacy statement and click on Accept button.
3. It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions. You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click Run.
4. When the downloads have finished, click on Settings.
5. Make sure these boxes are checked (ticked). If they are not, please tick them and click on the Save button:

• Spyware, Adware, Dialers, and other potentially dangerous programs
    [*] Archives
    [*] Mail databases
6. Click on My Computer under Scan.
7. Once the scan is complete, it will display the results. Click on View Scan Report.
8. You will see a list of infected items there. Click on Save Report As....
9. Save this report to a convenient place. Change the Files of type to Text file (.txt) before clicking on the Save button. Then post it here.

Post fresh HijackThis log as well.

Hi,

Kaspersky and HJT, attached.

Thanks

psxnut

Attachments

• Kaspersky.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 2
  • hijackthis.log
    11.4 KB · Views: 1
As you can see from Kaspersky report, downloading bootlegged Windows copies comes with a risk.
Please, delete Windows XP Professional 32-bit en-US - Black Edition v2009.4.19.iso file from C:\Documents and Settings\Dean\My Documents\downloads. Empty Recycle Bin.

=======================================================================

Verify your Java version here: http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
Update, if necessary.
Uninstall all previous Java versions, through Add\Remove (Programs & Features in Vista).

=========================================================================

Disable TeaTimer, as it'll interfere with the cleaning process:
Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon.
Click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident.
TeaTimer closes.
NOTE. If on re-boot, Spybot inquires about registry change(s), allow it.

Alternatively, I suggest, you uninstall Spybot since it's a tool of the past.

======================================================================

Print this post out, since you won't have an access to it, at some point.

1. Open HijackThis.

2. Close all windows, except for HijackThis.

3. Put checkmarks next to the following HijackThis entries:

- O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
- O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [F5JMWNZTHI] C:\DOCUME~1\Dean\LOCALS~1\Temp\Lll.exe

4. You should also checkmark following entries (these are unnecessary startups; no actual programs will be removed):

- O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
- O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Mouse Suite 98 Daemon] ICO.EXE
- O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VAIO Update 4] "C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Update 4\VAIOUpdt.exe" /Stationary
- O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VAIO Update 3] "C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Update 3\VAIOUpdt.exe" /Stationary
- O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [4500w Scan2PC] "C:\WINDOWS\Twain_32\Samsung\SCX4500W\Scan2pc.exe"
- O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Samsung PanelMgr] C:\WINDOWS\Samsung\PanelMgr\SSMMgr.exe /autorun
- O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
- O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
- O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
- O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe [unless you have paid version]

5. Click on Fix checked button.

6. Restart computer.

7. Post new HijackThis log.

Hi,

Done that, yes you are right. HJT log attached.

regards

psxnut

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    9.8 KB · Views: 1
Your computer is clean

1. Turn off System Restore:

- Windows XP:
1. Click Start.
2. Right-click the My Computer icon, and then click Properties.
3. Click the System Restore tab.
4. Check "Turn off System Restore".
5. Click Apply.
6. When turning off System Restore, the existing restore points will be deleted. Click Yes to do this.
7. Click OK.
- Windows Vista:
1. Click Start.
2. Right-click the Computer icon, and then click Properties.
3. Click on System Protection under the Tasks column on the left side
4. Click on Continue on the "User Account Control" window that pops up
5. Under the System Protection tab, find Available Disks
6. Uncheck the box for any drive you wish to disable system restore on (in most cases, drive "C:")
7. When turning off System Restore, the existing restore points will be deleted. Click "Turn System Restore Off" on the popup window to do this.
8. Click OK

2. Restart computer.

3. Turn System Restore on.

4. Make sure, Windows Updates are current.

5. If any Trojan was listed among your infection(s), make sure, you change all of your on-line important passwords (bank account(s), secured web sites, etc.) immediately!

6. Download, and install WOT (Web OF Trust): http://www.mywot.com/. It'll warn you (in most cases) about dangerous web sites.

7. Run defrag at your convenience.

8. Read How did I get infected?, With steps so it does not happen again!: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic2520.html

9. Please, let me know, how is your computer doing.

Hi,
Sorry for delay coming back 2 you, but I have had trouble getting back to the forum,my browser just kept coming up with error 404 - cant access the website. I had to switch off my router and leave it off for a while, now I can access techspot forum ok, no popups or redirections though.
The only problem I still have which I can't seem to resolve is that when I am logged into hotmail live in the task bar, if I try to access hotmail on explorer 8 it just keep refreshing at the bottom of the browser address, over and over, not actually seeing the page for hotmail, just keeps refreshing. I tried repairing my live essentials and reloading explorer 8 but that didn't resolve it.

Any ideas?

thanks

psxnut

It's always a good idea to have another browser installed, so you can see, if your problems are some IE issues, or something else.
I suggest, you install Firefox and see how it goes.

Thats really weird firefox has no problem, Ill'e head over to windows problem part of the forum for this one, thanks a huge bunch for your help.

best regards and keep up the great work you do.

psxnut

Thought I would just give you an update, after posting the above, I started explorer 8 again and reset it back to my default browser, tried my messenger in toolbar and my hotmail loaded with no problems, even more weird.

thanks again.

psxnut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back