Help Reading Dump File After Random Reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my users PC is randomly rebooting. I suspect it to be a bad driver or memory but don't know which. I have used the debugging tools to be able to get information out of the mini dump file but don't know how to read it. Can anyone give me a hand? If so let me know what part of the debug file you need or if you need the entire thing and i can post it.

Thanks!!

I can't read dump files either. But I can read Error from the Event Viewer. You can wait for a 'dump file reader' or you can look for Errors that correspond to the reboot time:
Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer> click to open each System and Applications logs, one at a time. On each:
Look for Error at time of reboot> Right click on Error> Properties> click on Copy icon top right, below the down arrow and Paste here (Ctrl V).

Ignore Warnings and Information Events. If you see multiples of the same Error with the same ID#, the same Source and the same Description, I only need 1 copy. You do not need to include the lines of code in box below Description, is any.

System information would help- especially important is if you have an AMD processor, Windows XP and installed SP3. These are directions for Windows XP Event Viewer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back