Help Reinstalling XP on PC with 2nd Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

So I installed a 2nd hard drive on my PC. It's not in RAID mode or anything, I installed it because of the number of times I have heard that you should not keep your data on the same drive as your operating system. Also my original drive was full.

My PC has been running XP for a little over 2 years now and while I am still not seeing the BSD (Blue Screen of Death), I have installed and uninstalled numerous programs as well as saved and deleted large amounts of data and I feel that my system is starting to have slow down issues - especially when booting.

I would like to reinstall XP to get that new PC feel again.

My question is how will this affect my 2nd hard drive? Most of the data on the 2nd drive is backed up on DVD or portable hard drives, so if it wipes that drive too, its not a total loss, though it would take me quite a while to dig everything up and reinstall it.

Basically, I'm hoping someone could tell me: "Cerberus94, while reinstalling XP could delete the data on the 2nd drive - and good for you having your data already backed up - it probably won't. You'll just have to tell windows to find the drive again."

Any hope of someone saying that?

Thanks again.
-Cerberus49

Edit: I also wanted to add, that while I'm not sure where my original disc is at, I have another XP disc from my laptop. Can I use this disc so long as I know my product key from this instillation of Windows (which I got from ProduKey)?

Hi, Cerberus94

I think if you configure the 1st hard drive and 2st drive properly, it will not affect! You can have a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back