Help remove google redirect virus, review logs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed I had a serious virus when I used google and in clicking on any result i was redirected to another page. i followed the 8 steps of malware removal and this no longer happens, but i'm not confident that everything is gone. Plus i think i still have something because i've got a windows security center icon, it's red with a white X on it, in the right corner taskbar that's never come up before. every time i restart it pops up balloons telling me my antivirus or firewall is turned off.
the last item attached- "hijackthis log.txt" is a previous log i had after scanning with HJT and afterward i fixed/deleted some items after analyzing it in a site. I put an analyzed copy of the log into a document.
Any advice would be really appreciated!

~christine

You are still infected. That red circle with the white X means that the Windows Security Center is still disabled. You might consider doing a clean install of Windows at this point

Any advice would be really appreciated!
You should not remove entries in the HJT log yourself.

What is the 52kb log suppose to be for? It is not your job to give descriptions of entries. Helpers who are trained know what they are. When you post any logs, anywhere, they should be "as is"- not tinkered with.

Bottom line- you have malware. We have no trained malware helpers on TS temporarily. If you would like help in removing the malware, you can get it HERE

Follow the thread for the preliminary removal and don't remove entries yourself- the exception is when a cleaning program has a line saying "make sure you check for removal of malware." HJT does not have that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back